WTS Weatherby Mark V Backcountry 2.0 Titanium .308

Liftman101

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This is the ultimate lightweight backcountry setup. Weatherby Mark V Backcountry 2.0 TI in .308. Includes 1" scope mounts. Rifle weighs 5 lbs 6 ounces with the scope and scope mounts. Rifle alone is 4.67 lbs. Less than 30 rounds fired. Shoots very well and recoil is surprisingly mild with the new 3D printed recoil pad. Especially if you use the Accubrake. Perfect condition in the original box with the Accubrake ST and thread protector. If you have to carry something over a long distance, it does not get any better than this. I have had many Barrett Fieldcrafts and this is a better rifle.

I have a lot of rifles and scopes to sell. I hunt occasionally from blinds but mostly punch paper. As cool as it is, I don't need an ultra lightweight rifle. Rifle alone retails for $3349. Asking $2600 shipped to the lower 48.

If a better scope is desired, I have many to sell including Leupold VX-3s, Vortex Razor HD LHs and several Swarovskis including Z3s and Z5s.

TRIGGERTECH TRIGGER

TriggerTech’s trigger provides true zero-creep break, extremely short over-travel, and is externally adjustable. Precision cut stainless steel components ensure consistent trigger pulls from shot to shot in a safe, reliable, and corrosion resistant package.

ACCUBRAKE ST

By adding an Accubrake ST you will significantly reduce felt recoil up to 53%. Available in four different barrel diameters, with thread protector, for a perfect brake-to-barrel contour.

54 DEGREE BOLT

The shortest in the industry (as compared to typical 90 bolt throw). Allows for faster chambering on follow-up shots and greater bolt-to-scope clearance.

CARBON FIBER STOCK

New Peak 44 stock. With a proprietary manufacturing process, these stocks provide excellent stiffness and light weight by using carefully selected materials. The stocks are pillar bedded and impervious to environmental factors and will offer predictable, reliable performance.

3DHEX RECOIL REDUCER GEN 2

Large caliber felt recoil dissipation provided in the lightest recoil reducer available. 3DHEX is a patent pending high strength energy diffusing lattice structure designed to distribute specific directional forces and reduce muzzle lift.

TITANIUM RECEIVER

Titanium properties present 42% the weight of traditional steel which provides maximum weight savings for the hunter looking to save every ounce while maintaining structural integrity.

CERAKOTE®

Cerakote is the industry leading thin-film ceramic coating. The Cerakote unique formula enhances physical properties including wear, corrosion, and chemical resistance while improving impact strengths, and hardness.

Attachments

• weatherby 1.jpg
    weatherby 1.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 290
  • Weatherby 2.jpg
    Weatherby 2.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
What does "shoots very well" mean? Are we talking sub-1/2", sub-1", ...have any factory test targets or your own test targets? big money rifles need some evidence of appropriate accuracy.

OP
L

Liftman101

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Weatherby does not send test targets anymore unless it is from the custom shop. They take the 1 MOA guarantee seriously. Its 4 lb. 8 ounce rifle with a 3x9 scope not a benchrest machine. The light weight makes it harder to shoot perfect groups.. I had no problems getting 1" groups with most of the ammo I shot and I am no expert marksman. I remember it did not like the 150 gr Core Lokt as much as it did the Hornady or the Buffalo Bore. I was sighting and practicing using mainly Buffalo Bore 150 gr intending to go hunting. I decided to stick to my 30-06. Buffalo Bore is made for speed rather than accuracy. Their recommended supercharged .308 deer round is a powerful load. 150 gr spitzer at 2900 Fps. Just as fast as my 30-06 using standard ammo. I can mount a different scope and go shoot it for groups if you need me to.

Last edited: