Weekend with Sons

hobbes

WKR
I hunted with my two sons, Isaac and Boyd, Friday evening through Monday morning, in Western MT. They had two tags each, so had no interest in sparing the lives of the jakes that came in on Saturday. Five jakes came in gobbling like fools early Saturday morning and two of them were stuffed in their vests for the walk out.
OBVs77.jpg

mx9ayX.jpg

We were on adult birds on Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning and afternoon, and Monday morning. They all had a pile of hens that apparently looked a lot better than I sounded. I usually only do one trip to this area and I’ve killed a tom here each of the last four years, so not killing a tom in the region isn’t sitting well with me. I may have to make a run back to look for a tom, but the season will go fast and I’m not sure I can pull it off.
QixGYD.jpg

Z3L4CJ.jpg

vnu1S3.jpg

This was a good looking flock, but there wasn’t anything to be done about it. This flock was directly behind ‘NO HUNTING’ signs in a driveway. The second hen from the left (second hen to the right of the strutter in the driveway) is a smoke phase hen.
7Exfmu.jpg

Scenery wasn't bad.
nPwvYn.jpg

PQZeJO.jpg

Last edited:
Man that is awesome no kids of my own but when my dad brother and myself all get out in the woods together it’s even more fun!! Good stuff congrats on the birds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fowler530

WKR
Great times and memories right there!! Congrats to the boys on their birds! Great pics and write up! Thanks for sharing!