Weekend Trip

The wife and I headed out Saturday morning for a weekend trip. Left the house Saturday morning, headed to Deadwood by way of Warm Lake. Fished Deadwood River and caught enough for dinner. Stayed the night above the reservoir and woke up yesterday morning, headed to Deadwood Lookout. Stayed last night in the lookout and headed back home via Scott Mountain. Seen some incredible country, had fresh Idaho trout and got to watch a helluva sunset, moonrise and sunrise this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_1356.jpeg
    IMG_1356.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0663.jpeg
    IMG_0663.jpeg
    448.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0662.jpeg
    IMG_0662.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0658.jpeg
    IMG_0658.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0655.jpeg
    IMG_0655.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0639.jpeg
    IMG_0639.jpeg
    488.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0626.jpeg
    IMG_0626.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0647.jpeg
    IMG_0647.jpeg
    475 KB · Views: 30
OP
Customweld
I used to spend a ton of time in that area 25+ years ago
Could go take a whores bath in the creeks during archery and swim with kings and sockeye
The Kokanee run in the fall is a pretty cool sight. I gotta draw the line at the first of October for creek bathing up there! It was 37 degrees Sunday morning above the reservoir.

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
The wife and I headed out Saturday morning for a weekend trip. Left the house Saturday morning, headed to Deadwood by way of Warm Lake. Fished Deadwood River and caught enough for dinner. Stayed the night above the reservoir and woke up yesterday morning, headed to Deadwood Lookout. Stayed last night in the lookout and headed back home via Scott Mountain. Seen some incredible country, had fresh Idaho trout and got to watch a helluva sunset, moonrise and sunrise this morning.
Awesome area. The wife and i spend a ton of time in the spring and summer all through there.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

OP
Customweld
Awesome area. The wife and i spend a ton of time in the spring and summer all through there.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
It’s awesome country. Until you have to get back on to Hwy 55 at Banks! What a disaster that intersection has become. There was a huge camp up the Scott Mtn road, complete with huge mirror spheres, a stage and concert style stage. I’m not sure what was going on but the folks milling around there this morning looked like they had a rough night!

ODB

WKR

How high was the water? I was over in Ketchum this weekend and goooood grief there is a lot of water coming down.

OP
Customweld
How high was the water? I was over in Ketchum this weekend and goooood grief there is a lot of water coming down.
Deadwood Res is full. The river looked like it was pretty close to early summer flows. There isn’t much snow left above Deadwood. You can still see a bunch looking towards the sawtooths. Wood River got hammered last winter.

Reactions: ODB