Weight training programs

I started doing MTNTough in early December and have had super impressive results so far. Everyday is leg day in the program, but in a way that is functional and it isn’t overwhelming. Just a disclaimer though, I have a pretty decent home gym. They do have various programs, however, if you don’t have an elaborate set up. I highly recommend it!

My son in law is a strength coach and put one together for me that’s mostly barbell and kettlebell work. I lift 3-4 days a week.

We also have a kettlebell program at work that’s pretty good. It’s done in circuit fashion, so pretty high intensity for the cardio.

Develop your own. Understand the energy systems. The difference between muscle hypertrophy, strength, endurance, and periodization designed to target each.
I flailed around for 2 years not doing anything because I couldn't reconcile all the different opinions on the Internet.

Did a 6 week bodyweight program, then did 2 mtntough programs and I really appreciate somebody doing all that thinking for me.

After another year or two maybe I'll be able to comprehend and steer myself.

I develop my own 6-8 weeks blocks from what I learned reading Tactical Barbell. I shift progression and maintenance of all strength and energy systems throughout the year around hunting season. After being disciplined for over seven years now, I realize the only thing that matters is consistency. You should look forward to your workouts.

After being disciplined for over seven years now, I realize the only thing that matters is consistency.

Bingo! True for strength training, true for aerobic training and pretty much true for any training.

Not a big fan of the "6 week get ready for hunting season plan", train year round if you want to be ready for the mountains :)

Back