Weight

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm at 27 lbs. without food & water (does not include bow and what I'm wearing).

Akicita

WKR
I'm at 69 pounds on this 10 day load out with 8 days of food, rifle, 10 rounds of ammo, and 2 liters of travel water. Now, I will say I typically don't weigh my gear because I don't want a figure to alter my mindset but in this circumstance my wife did on a bet that it was over 70 pounds. . . I won the bet but I still had to do the dishes.

20161020_075925_zpsnlurn4e3.jpg

nrh6.7

WKR
CT, I'd be interested to see your gear list if you have it handy, and some insight into your hunting/packing philosophy.

22 pounds for a three day bivy scouting trip or hunt during warmer months in Colorado, June to mid-September. Includes three full days of food and a liter of water.

Add 10 pounds for September hunts including Swaro 8x32s, Knight Ultra-Lite muzzleloader, few extra bullets, powder, tools, and kill kit (Havalon, B.O.M.B. Tag Bags, etc.).

However, I don't really consider the weapon to be part of my "backpack," so I'm under 30 pounds for a bivy hunt.

I've been putting all my gear on lighterpack.com I like how simple it is to break everything into category's

Been doing the same. Pretty handy to organize your gear and know where and how much weight you can potentially cut.

Not including food, water, or rifle, and splitting up the shelter between three guys, my base weight is 24.5 pounds for a week long trip.

With food, rifle, and a full camelbak, I'd be right at 45 pounds.

Lastcar

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for LighterPack.com

I use a digital kitchen scale and weigh everything.

I am re-weighing everything this week and updating the weights and adding some missing items.

I think it is reasonable to refer to your pack weight as:

No weapon, water or food - as mentioned above this is your baseline and where you have wiggle room to adjust.

With food and weapon

With food, water and weapon

Lastly, I think where lighterpack.com opened my eyes a bit is that everything you wear you are carrying. Insanely obvious, but I do wonder how many guys or girls think that part through as much as what is in their pack. Maybe far more than I am giving credit to.

I think it is an easy way to fool yourself intentionally or unintentionally into a pack weight you want to have.

What I like about it is it shows the straight goods.

Breaks it down into what you are wearing, food, water and then each category you create.

I use a "Master List" and then copy it and remove items for each trip based on needs.

Bit of a mess as I try to tidy things up.

https://lighterpack.com/r/evkzqe

Going to look and see if the categories I am using make sense or if I should add or remove some.

As it is now I can see not only how much weight but which grouping of gear is weighing me down and decide if there is room to lose some weight there.