Weiser precision tripod setup

Anyone using the weiser precision tripod setup that utilizes trekking poles and a third leg? If so do you like it? How do you think it would work with an outdoorsman panhead? I have the tracking pole adapters and I was thinking of trying the whole kit for glassing just with my binos.

DoctorJJ

FNG
I have the set up. To be honest, it all seems overpriced. I mean, it ends up being a lot of money for most some 3D printed ABS or maybe vinyl products. The 3rd leg is a basic pole with a 3D printed piece on it that the 3rd leg adapter clamps to. Then on the top of that 3rd leg is an angled 3/8” stud that you would attach your ball head/pan head too. Once you buy everything you need, it’s a lot of money. That being said, it is nice to have one extra pole that allows you to then have an extra tripod on your trek. The saying two is one, one is none, is true but I like to be able to have things that serve dual purposes to cover that adage since you can’t just carry 2 of everything.

All in all, it works pretty good for optics and would work in a pinch to even shoot off of. I need to use my backpack or something else as a solid rear rest to be able to shoot more than 300 yards with it. It’s NOTHING like a proper carbon fiber tripod for shooting.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I had it, was not impressed and sold everything but the QuickSticks. I prefer a small travel tripod, right now I'm using a Surui that is several years old and really belongs to my wife for photography (it is the precursor to the T-025x). It is significantly more stable.

At this point my trekking poles already serve several uses, so I run the risk of not having them as a shooting rest or having to break down my shelter to use them as a tripod. Obviously not everyone would have that issue.

My choice, if spending money today, would be the Aziak tripod. I was very tempted to get it over Black Friday.