Well I just did a thing. Don't tell my wife!!!

About 18 months into my current relationship we made an agreement. I dont ask questions about stuff I see in the closet and she doesn't ask question about stuff in my gear room which includes the safe...we have been together 20ys next month..married for 17 in May. YMMV

jmez

WKR
Here's a thought. Try acting like an adult, communicating like an adult, and treating your spouse like an adult. No desire to do that, it's simple, don't get married.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

If you (as a grown man) have found yourself in a situation where you need to ask permission to buy or hide a purchase from someone you share your life with, you both have some serious issues.....the man and the woman. I’m not directing this solely at the OP. I see it a lot with friends as well. Sure seems like a shitty way to have to live life.
As for the OP, I’m USING (not running) a 44 Mag and I’m very happy with it. I had 5 days worth of gear, clothes, and food (2.4 pounds per day) in it no problem. Awesome pack if it fits your needs.

rclouse79

WKR
I now remember the day I realized I could not pull off hiding anything big from my wife. She discovered she could actually pull up what we were buying with the target card and she broke the news to me by saying “It looks like you have been buying a lot of junior mints lately.”

KineKilla

WKR
It's really quite simple....

Keep yours and hers separate.
Pay for more than your share.

After that, as long as everything is paid and all are happy you can use your moneh however you see fit. Marriage is a business arrangement so as long as you treat it as such it will last a very long time and both parties wiĺl be happy

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

LionHead

WKR
Shit my lady stole my 44 mag, so I bought a Ma Deuce. Cuz ya know now we match lol.

I don't always tell her what I buy but I don't hide it either. The last girl I dated, yeah it woulda been issues but she was nuts any way, so I get what your going through I just wouldn't tolerate it any longer.

Maybe I just got lucky, but the only way I can manage family time and adventure time is to have em together.

It gets expensive because I didn't cheap out on the girls gear they got hunting clothes, kifaru packs, bows and a rifle too. The key for me was to get em involved and don't give em cheap shit.

The plus side is the kiddo's pack is my day hunt bag when I'm solo. And I can always reclaim the 44mag for shorter trips. I get 3 solo 7 day trips between Aug-Oct, they come with me the rest of the time

I don't have a boy yet so Im "STUCK" teaching the girls to hunt, hike, shoot and PT. It could be worse, I could be living in California...oh wait shit
:(

Hope that helps

Last edited:

Jauwater

WKR
Reading threads like this makes me realize why I enjoy my 2-4 week dating relationships so much.

Thread started off funny, though. I was getting some good laughs. Thanks for that!

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

I’m lucky. My wife encourages me to buy the gear! As for the 44 mag, I bought a reckoning long before that bag came out and I haven’t seen a need to switch. I do want one of the new ultralight frames though.

im still waiting for the 44 Mag in Ranger Green lol and no wife here, i spend has much as i want (probably too much) on gear. lucky me.

OP
I
Shit my lady stole my 44 mag, so I bought a Ma Deuce. Cuz ya know now we match lol.

I don't always tell her what I buy but I don't hide it either. The last girl I dated, yeah it woulda been issues but she was nuts any way, so I get what your going through I just wouldn't tolerate it any longer.

Maybe I just got lucky, but the only way I can manage family time and adventure time is to have em together.

It gets expensive because I didn't cheap out on the girls gear they got hunting clothes, kifaru packs, bows and a rifle too. The key for me was to get em involved and don't give em cheap shit.

The plus side is the kiddo's pack is my day hunt bag when I'm solo. And I can always reclaim the 44mag for shorter trips. I get 3 solo 7 day trips between Aug-Oct, they come with me the rest of the time

I don't have a boy yet so Im "STUCK" teaching the girls to hunt, hike, shoot and PT. It could be worse, I could be living in California...oh wait shit
:(

Hope that helps

I'm a California guy too... I feel your pain.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

OP
I
im still waiting for the 44 Mag in Ranger Green lol and no wife here, i spend has much as i want (probably too much) on gear. lucky me.
Nice! I went with the coyote brown for the pack and ranger green for the frame! I plan to get a few ranger green pouches

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

KNASH

Lil-Rokslider
I know nothing about judo, except that it uses an opponent's momentum against them. I did that with my wife last week to approve me ordering a backpack. "Honey, I know I need this, and it's on a great sale, but I'm not going to order it". The word SALE triggers her like a bell with Pavlov's dogs. "But you'll end up paying more for this later, you should order it now!". Check!

HAHA, I have the 44 Mag also and when I received it recently, I immediately thought the pack was too big for my needs but after I loaded up all the stuff I carry while hunting I found out it's the perfect size. The quality of the materials in the pack are really excellent. Zippers, material, organization are exactly what i needed.

Block

WKR
44 mag is a sweet bag.. I just didn’t like how they made the water bladder pouch high and short... I always carry a 3 liter (and a 2 liter backup) so that was kinda lame for me... also don’t like the straps sewn into the bag..,I prefer the old 22mag design all around but wish it was the size of the 44..

Marble

WKR
Wife and I share everything, but we each also have an account that is to be used however we want. It's all transparent.

On topic, I have a 44 mag, well the wife does...my dad may use it tomorrow for our trip.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

gelton

WKR
My wife is terrible with money...found that out about 3 years in when we had a mutual account and I let her manage it. Was always making sizable deposits and nearly broke all of the time. Since then, I have my accounts, both checking, credit and otherwise and she has hers. We split the bills according to our income and live happilly ever after...I buy what I want and she buys what she wants.

Works great. Last month was our 26 year anniversary from our first date, but we have been married 14 years...you have to break em in like you plan to drive em.

Last edited:

zacattack

WKR
Wife and I share everything, but we each also have an account that is to be used however we want. It's all transparent.

On topic, I have a 44 mag, well the wife does...my dad may use it tomorrow for our trip.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

We do the same, it works well.