Well, no pressure now.

tdhanses

WKR
Not to hijack the thread, but can you please explain the allure to leaving that big ass bone attached? It seems so impractical, like it's just another way for a neutered man to attempt to express any remaining shred of masculinity while holed up in Suburbia...
It’s the handle to eat it.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Elk are for food Robby 🙃
Even though deer my favorite, I will not deny that elk are more mild and make for some pretty dang good eating. This cow that my son got a couple years ago turned out really good. Talked the butcher into letting us dry age for two weeks and that always helps.

My wife does a lot of work with local ranchers on conservation projects. A few months ago she ordered half a hog from one of the local guys. Last month he called up and asked if she wanted a whole one instead. Today the meat freezer looks like this:
View attachment 460247
And she talked to another one who needed to find a home for half a beef, which is coming in February.

Fortunately we have another big chest freezer to take the beef and anything I take this year. But I'm feeling a definite lack of pressure to harvest game.
Enough food to host football parties all year long lol