Status
Not open for further replies.

Jauwater

WKR
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Venmo or PayPal FF or Add 3% for Fees Thanks

Wetfly Kodomo Creek 8ft Tenkara Rod - Sold

Caught a dozen or more fish with this rod. Last two sections of the rod were just replaced. Havent been fished with since. Will come w/ a tenkara line. Its the one that came with the Rod. Comes with soft rod sleeve, and hard rod tube. I'll throw in wood line holder as well.

Osprey Hydraulics 2L Bladder - Sold

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20210403_141325.jpg
    20210403_141325.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 20210403_141223.jpg
    20210403_141223.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 20210403_140818.jpg
    20210403_140818.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

J.Wells

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those tenkara rods have always intrigued me. Could you use them for bass or perch on fresh water creeks?

OP
Jauwater

Jauwater

WKR
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Those tenkara rods have always intrigued me. Could you use them for bass or perch on fresh water creeks?
I've caught several small mouth bass on a few different tenkara rods in the lower sections of the Linville River.

I've caught some Blue Gill, and Yellow Perch at the lake here in town using tenkara before as well. I was chasing a group of Bass around the shoreline one day, but they were to clever for it. The river seemed much easier to get the bass to bite.

Id say the biggest problem fishing, say, large mouth bass, or a big trout, is that this particular rod isn't a large rod, and to large of a fish could break the tip. Their replaceable, but its still something to take into consideration before casting it at that monster your looking at. Or if you notice a monster is chasing it, well...I'd take my chances, but if you didn't wanna take a chance on the tip breaking, I'd pull the fly out before he hits.

Sometimes I have great success with them, and I think its a blast. But then other times I won't be catching anything, and switch to a spinning rod, and start slaying em. Some places the rods work for me, and some places they just don't. But I like having a rod in the pack just in case I have the chance to throw the line a few times, and the tenkara has been great for that.

Very difficult to use in the wind. Overall I'd say the technique is pretty easy. I usually recommend to have a few different length, and strength rods l with a good variety of lengthen lines, and you could set yourself up for success bout anywhere.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.