Weyerhaeuser closes lands in Western Montana

Sucks... but I understand... Archery is pretty close to a bust in NW MT this year... can't even glass a mile away and can't breathe to get up any of the hills anyway...

This sucks, but it's probably for the best. Anyone know what it's like in central MT (crazies)? I'm heading out next week, but the thought of poor visibility and breathing conditions has me a little concerned.

This sucks, but it's probably for the best. Anyone know what it's like in central MT (crazies)? I'm heading out next week, but the thought of poor visibility and breathing conditions has me a little concerned.

Cousin is in Helena, and it's smokey, but not as bad as around the Flathead... seems to be a little more wind dependent there. Flathead has fires on all sides, so wind direction doesn't seem to help at all.

Damn.

Does anyone know if this includes access roads that cross timber company lands. In checkerboard areas this would pretty much close it all down.

Down near the Crazies it just depends on the wind and the day, can go from clear to eyes burning and smelling like campfire in half hour.

MT110gr, That is the same question I have, west of Kalispell, the forest service have roads closed, McGinnis meadows was evacuated day before yesterday, we trying to think about going down the Thompson river but that road is closed at the Rock creek bridge.

Back