What am I looking at here? Swarovski STS 65

Hey folks! FNG here, I’m usually over in AT, but thought all the western hunters here would have better insight. I just stumbled on an opportunity to pick up a Swarovski STS 65 with a tripod for $300. Seems like a crazy deal, so I asked whats wrong with it. The seller told me that “The pin that hold the eye lens is lose, you need to hold the frame of the eye lens when moving between 40 and 60X” I’ve never owned a Swarovski before but I hear great things about the glass. Anyone have experience with this? Would the pin be a problem? How is Swarovski at repairing parts? I don’t get out west to hunt often, but would enjoy scouting whitetail from a long ways off and occasionally birding. Let me know if you’ve got thoughts/insight! Thanks!

Contact swaro - I would call on Monday.

Great company. They stand behind their products.

Maybe it’s a quick fix you can do at home.

Otherwise - you’ll likely need to send into Swaro for warranty / repair work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaHunter

WKR
If it is a Swaro STS 65 mm HD spotter for $300, I would think it is a scam or stolen. You can buy a whole new eye piece for a few hundred bucks. New, these spotters go for a little more than $2k. Get the serial number from the main body and give Swaro CS a call and they can tell you everything about that optic, assuming it is a real Swaro optic.

dtrkyman

WKR
Short of it being run over by a truck that is a crazy deal. Hands on or get a picture of serial number, Sawro will fix it.

....how did you "stumble on" the opportunity? Did you have a WTB post listed? If so, proceed with extra caution.