What Broadhead Did You Use In 2020?

gholson1

FNG
I used a sevr 2.1. Watched the bull die but no pass through

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Casey F

FNG
i used kudu contour plus in 125gr this year, hit heart, both lungs and it cut through off side leg bone on exit... bull sprinted about 25yds, and stopped, and crashed.... dead in a few short seconds, broadhead was in good shape.

that will be my compound head unless i get a reason to change in the future.... i'm on a mission to simplify all of my gear right now, use all of the same stuff every year. there is a lot of value to familiarize all of my gear and just keep building confidence in it..... i have been terrible the past few years shooting different bows, different arrow builds, different everything.... i do better just settling into something that works and sticking with it.

dropped down to a 524gr arrow (from over 600gr the past couple years) and i'll just stick with that.... heavy isn't much of a hinderance to me, but it's nice to be able to practice to 100yds shooting foam, my 642gr arrows i was maxed out at just over 75yds on my sight, and i like shooting foam at longer distances in the summer.

i got caught up in the BS that doesn't matter for a few years, overthinking unimportant aspects of my setup... we are spoiled with good options these days in every aspect, but especially broadheads! so many excellent options
This is what I switched to this year after my buddy wouldnt stop talking about the contour plus

Buffalo0922

Lil-Rokslider
Stryker v2 100g

Simple but got the job done on a decent bull.

Tried the ironwill single bevel but had trouble with accuracy…probably more with me than the broadhead

This is what I switched to this year after my buddy wouldnt stop talking about the contour plus
Seriously don’t know of a better head for the price… would love a double bevel option, that’s my only gripe about kudu. Excellent edge retention, forgiving, and excellent tolerances, just hate pulling single bevels from targets. I have switched to GK xl’s for that reason. The 150 kudu with bleeders for deer/bear, without for elk would be my favorite head in a double bevel.

I went to his place a few years ago and saw their operation and it’s crazy they can build them for the price they do, they are a top shelf head at a mid shelf price… best stainless I have used in a broadhead, same as GK (at least in practical terms) not that far from iron will in edge retention

Curious as to what was your Head of choice? No doubt most of us have good reasons why we chose one over another! For myself I chose the Viper Trick by Slick Trick, it was the 100 grain version, how about yours?

ElkNut
I went with the slick trick standard 100g after shooting multiple slick trick broadheads.. They flew the best with my bow. They always left good blood trails and flew the best at long range. My hunting partners would go with bigger heads that didn't fly as well but cut a bigger diameter. They now shoot slick trick standards now too.