What color is your quilt/sleeping bag?

Loper

WKR
Generally speaking I like my gear to be muted earth tones like dark greens, tans, browns etc. the dark colors aren’t as flashy and hide dirt or stains well. Additionally, darker colors dry faster in the sun if wet.

I was planning on getting a dark green quilt, but I heard someone say it is a good idea to have a bright color like blaze orange so you can wave it like a flag or display it in an emergency situation when you want to be visible. However a bright color like this can show stains or dirt pretty more quickly.

I’m curious what color quilts or sleeping bags everyone prefers.

HuntNTag

WKR
I have a UGQ bandit that’s in dark green with the inside being black

I also have a kuiu bag that’s dark grey and I have a lighter down rei magma bag that’s whitish grey.

I think the emergency piece is interesting but if that was the case, I’d prefer to have a hot colored tent versus my bag.

Rock what you want and enjoy it. It’s for you right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRMiller

WKR
All my bags are orange for the emergency situations.
Bag color doesn’t matter in general as it’s in the tent, but if needed for an emergency it’s sure nice to have a huge item like an open quilt a bright color

Moserkr

WKR
Father-in-law flys helicopters for CHP and is an ex-military pilot too. He has done many search and rescue ops, and told me the easiest thing to spot from the air when looking for a lost person is a large, bright orange, 4’x4’ flag, fabric, whatever. Inside (or out) of a sleeping bag thats orange would do it.

Since he flys where I hunt, i better be damn near dead before I press that SOS button on my inreach lol.

OP
L

Loper

WKR
Thanks for the feedback. I like the color combinations and having orange included.

Mban2

FNG
This is a great idea. Having a blaze orange sleeping bad is way better than carrying a VS17 panel...

OP
L

Loper

WKR
My 40F El Coyote is Blaze Orange with a Charcoal interior.

I just purchased a 0 degree El Coyote with Blaze Orange exterior and a black interior. Obviously I haven’t slept in it yet, but it looks like it’s great quality.

turley

Lil-Rokslider
Nice color choice…I really like the Blaze Orange.
In my opinion the quality of construction and feature set is as good as anything on the market (paired with an incredibly quick turnaround times on custom orders it’s even better).
I have quite a few nights on my El Coyote now and couldn’t be happier with it.

OP
L

Loper

WKR
Yes, I was amassed at how quick the turn around time was.