What do I do in this situation?

Gutshotem

WKR
I second @tdhanses, call the credit card company and be done with it. Be ready to send the credit card company all correspondence, including the pictures you sent GoHunt. The credit card company will simply reverse the charges and then let GoHunt eat it or go through the process they should have the first time, and contact you with prepaid shipping ... to get the bag back.
This is what I'd do. You gave them ample opportunity to make it right already.

My one interaction with GoHunt's customer service was super easy.

I bought a pair of shoes, didn't love them and stuck them in my closet. Four months later, I remembered them, ordered a smaller size and returned them. Basically, no questions asked.

Jethro

WKR
you cannot really complain until you send it back and see what happens...jmo.
Guy bought a $600 sleeping bag and got a used one. He has right to complain. If he just sends it back unauthorized he has no bag and no refund.

I’d discuss it with SG

Hausser

FNG
I would call and talk to someone else at Gohunt. Do a CC charge back if a different person does not give you a good answer.

*zap*

WKR
Apparently, I misunderstood the situation....good luck with this cornfeed, I hope it goes well.

Trial153

WKR
Call them. Speak to a human. It’s amazing how such a simple thing as conversation leads to a resolution.

OP
cornfedkiller
Issue resolved.. I think.

Called today, waited on hold for a while and then left a message. Got a call back 90 mins later and had an email telling me that "returns are easy, just fill out the online form and send the item back as long as it is in new condition with tags still attached". So I replied telling them the situation (again), and the gal replied soon after apologizing for the misunderstanding and sent me an RA form and a prepaid shipping label.

schmalzy

WKR
I think what you did here was all you can do. Put them on blast if they won't allow you to return for a refund.

Too bad SG sold out to a private equity firm, otherwise I'm sure the owner would want to know when one of their retail partners conducted themselves this way

Had a few interactions with SG customer service post PE buyout for returns and it’s been awesome both times. Kurt has been responsive and super cool on here regarding technical questions and other issues. How that plays into a distributor IDK but I’d be pretty confident they’d take care of you in some way or fashion.

I’m not saying that they will forever be perfect etc but I just haven’t seen anything slip CS wise with SG at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad they're making it right. I'd be pissed if I got a used bag for the price of a new one.
First Lite has had shitty service in my interactions with them on defective items. No response to e-mail or calls.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
To me they can't be a great company if customer service depends on 'talking to the right person'. Just my .02.
This.

The older I get I’ve gotten to a point where customer service is at the top of my priority list when buying.

I’d never buy from this company knowing they didn’t instantly agree to fix this.

This.

The older I get I’ve gotten to a point where customer service is at the top of my priority list when buying.

I’d never buy from this company knowing they didn’t instantly agree to fix this.
I give them one shot, if they blow it, I let the credit card company handle it. It takes way less if my time to let the credit card company apply my consumer protections. I had one company tell me to pound sand on a defictive product. They tried to tell AMEX there was nothing they cou look do. I had a refund the same day. When the company called me, trying to get their defictive product back, I reminded them of what they said to me, and told them AMEX resolved it fully and hung up. I never heard from them again. My time is much to valuable to give them multiple chances to do the right thing.

OP
cornfedkiller
Just a update on this for anyone interested…

Got a shipping label emailed to me, taped it on the box, and sent it out the same day. Package arrived at their warehouse Wednesday, November 2nd and I haven’t heard a word yet nor gotten my refund. I sent them a message via their website on Monday asking when I could expect to see it, and haven’t gotten a reply…

Sucks because I was really interested in checking out their mapping software, but I don’t really feel like spending any more money with them..

TimeOnTarget

Lil-Rokslider

Got a shipping label emailed to me, taped it on the box, and sent it out the same day. Package arrived at their warehouse Wednesday, November 2nd and I haven’t heard a word yet nor gotten my refund. I sent them a message via their website on Monday asking when I could expect to see it, and haven’t gotten a reply…

Sucks because I was really interested in checking out their mapping software, but I don’t really feel like spending any more money with them..
Make sure you keep your tracking info for the return. When you have to escalate it to a credit card dispute, your credit card company will want that info for sure.

I had to return a gift to them, and they didn't contact me, so after a week I called and then they took care of it right away. From my experience, the CS on the store side is lacking, but the mapping stuff is rock solid. I think their store will catch up with time, but if you call it seems to get taken care of quicker and easier.

Unckebob

WKR
I ordered a SG sleeping bag from GoHunt for my wife. I wasn't sure if she'd need it or not, but I knew if she didn't, I'd have 30 days to send it back.

Well the bag I ordered showed up without tags, and what could possibly be a small stain. I assume the bag has been used and was returned to them and never inspected. I called them Monday morning to tell them about it and mentioned that I'd really like a bag that I know hasn't been used and one with tags in case I needed to return it. The girl on the phone said she would talk to the return department and send me an email...

Within an hour, I had an email asking for some pictures, so I took a picture of the small spot on the bag and the zippers with no tags. I got an email back a couple hours later that informed me that SG likes to handle their own warranty claims and I should get in touch with them. I replied that this didn't seem like a warranty issue as there is nothing wrong with the bag, I just believe that it is not new and would really like a new bag.

I haven't gotten a reply since.. I sent them another email Tuesday morning and never received a reply, and again Thursday morning telling them that I no longer wish to receive a replacement and asked if I could just return this one, but since it has no tags, I assume they aren't going to accept it..

I'm not sure what to do at this point?

Start a dispute with your credit card company. . Better yet, some cardsvhace built in return protection.