What is the biggest reason why >>> broadheads

WTNUT

Lil-Rokslider
What do you think the most common reason for people not being able to get broadheads to tune/shoot?

I am not bragging, but I will say I am very precise in the manner in which I tune a bow. Some times it takes me two weeks in the basement to get a bow tuned the way I want it.

That is the bad part. The good part is that for years I have not had any problem getting fixed blade broadheads to shoot accurately.

I will list some of the reasons why I think people have problems.

1. Failing to make sure the head truly spins true in the arrow.
2. The shooter just is not proficient at his or her trade - this is 90 percent of my buddies that show up at my house the day before season opens saying this bow will not shoot.
3. The shooter has more bow that a$$. This is the other 10 percent that show up at my house with an 80 pound bow and 60 pound arms, back, and shoulders.

I am not trying to rain on anyone because I do the same thing with golf. I play every other month and can’t understand for the life of me why I don’t consistently break par.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
1. I think it's incorrect spine and not having true spinning arrows. For a year or so I shot weak because the chart said so. After time I went with a stiffer arrow and loaded the front up.

2. People tend to give fletched paper tuning the end all be all. For the last three setups I've bareshafted, got my bareshaft at 20 with the fletched together (bareshaft straight in the target). Whatever broadhead I put on, they fly.

Done three setups like this in the last year, shot IW, day six, hades micro, nap hellrazors all the same, right with field points

Not enough practice.
Not enough practice.
Not enough practice.
To much worry about the Bowmars and not enough about themselves.
My four main reasons. I think your list is pretty accurate. Nothing to do with speed or shaft diameter. Spine maybe, pulling to much weight creating poor form, could be likely.
I also agree with the golf. I can get so frustrated, but then remember it had been months since I last swung a club.

Last edited:
My perception is that it's tuning primarily. Guys leave the bow shop with a paper tuned bow from a tech that couldn't care less and wonder why broadheads hit anywhere but with FP. A lack of general knowledge of how to tune their specific bow, and a fear of making adjustments. Unwilling to shim, swap top hats, etc. They'll be $2,000 into everything and refuse to spend $300 on a bow press.
Probably arrow building second. Spin testers seem to be as rare as bow presses.

I don't know dick about tuning bows and i'm not a good archer but it doesn't seem that hard. I bring a bow to the archery shop, they tune it, i shoot a few arrows through paper to confirm I can shoot bullet holes, and most of the time I can then go shoot compact fixed heads like QAD exodus, viper trick, micro hades, etc to the same POI as my field points with no other adjustment. I have at times had to make slight adjustments to a rest.

I buy arrows made from south shore typically, spin test with broadheads, dont have crazy FOC, am not under spined, and am usually around 265-275 FPS. I assume that stuff helps.

OP
W

WTNUT

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know dick about tuning bows and i'm not a good archer but it doesn't seem that hard. I bring a bow to the archery shop, they tune it, i shoot a few arrows through paper to confirm I can shoot bullet holes, and most of the time I can then go shoot compact fixed heads like QAD exodus, viper trick, micro hades, etc to the same POI as my field points with no other adjustment. I have at times had to make slight adjustments to a rest.

I buy arrows made from south shore typically, spin test with broadheads, dont have crazy FOC, am not under spined, and am usually around 265-275 FPS. I assume that stuff helps.

You know more than a lot of folks slinging arrows. For them “spine” is a good shot with little tracking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
Not enough practice.
Not enough practice.
Not enough practice.
To much worry about the Bowmars and not enough about themselves.
My four main reasons. I think your list is pretty accurate. Nothing to do with speed or shaft diameter. Spine maybe, pulling to much weight creating poor form, could be likely.
I also agree with the golf. I can get so frustrated, but then remember it had been months since I last swung a club.
Probably one of the most unintelligible posts I’ve read this year.

Beendare

WKR
1. Tune
2. Concentricity
3. Dynamic spine
I agree with that👆🏼

I would add variations in grip going from a flat ground target range to the woods. I’ve seen a bunch of guys that said the6 were tuned…but their arrow had a wobble flying toward a critter.

From the many comments on these forums, It sure seems that a bunch of new guys get sold underspined arrow shafts.

I see people struggle because the local bow shop has no idea what they are doing. Incorrect draw length and arrows that either won’t tune or will be a pia to tune. I also see guys chasing their tail with crazy arrow setups, buying whatever new components they saw on social media, before they even know how to shoot/tune. There are proven set ups out there, much easier to start there and actually learn how to shoot/tune!