What made you Happy today?

HuntingIndian

Lil-Rokslider
Wife is out of town.
Woke up late, made a breakfast sandwich.

Loaded up few rifles, walked into backyard, shot a bunch of ammo.

Fired up the grill, cooked some venison sausages for lunch [a deer that i killed last week].

Life is grand and day is not over.

Last edited:

260madman

WKR
Wife is able to coexist with us. She had the rabies pretty bad the last 9 days so the Daughter and I are hitting the woods in 10 minutes. She didn’t shoot one of the big 8s because she second guessed herself just as she was going to shoot. Better that than a gut shot.

BBob

WKR
My new pup running around the yard at top speed for about 5 minutes then wanted another 5 minutes for love and pets. After that was taken care of he loaded up in the truck to head out for a scouting trip. Handled his pack like a champ and loved all the new smells the outdoor world has to offer 😀

Tod osier

WKR
Wife is out of town too, and I probably wouldn't have took my son out for doughnuts if she was, so that was nice.

Been puttering around all day and having a nice lazy day. Planning on an early morning duck hunt tomorrow to hopefully repeat yesterday's hunt, which was my new pup's first.

Prepped dinner for wife getting home, having chile rellenos from garden poblanos.

6I5dMJg.jpg

WKR
Slept in after a tough pack out yesterday. Took the elk (minus tenderloins) to the butcher after I got up. Went for a late breakfast after dropping the elk off. Came home after breakfast and cut up the tenderloins. One is in the freezer and one is in the fridge for breakfast tomorrow.

It’s been a good day.

Took a conditioning hike with our two mutts Wally and Tigger. Wore my MR hunting pack and trying out some Darn Tough socks, and getting my feet accustomed to my hunting boots. Fair amount of steep uphill, 5000+ elevation. Clear crisp morning in the eastern Sierra. Saw deer and bear tracks and spooked a Coopers hawk out of a tree about five feet from my head. Finished up with a good cup of coffee and a Scone (so much for the calories I burned on the hill)

Leaving for a late-ish rifle hunt in 10 days. Muleys at 8-10,000 ft.

UtahJimmy

WKR
Went on a walk with the pup and my very pregnant (7 days overdue with our first) wife on a crisp fall morning with fresh snow in the mountains.

Buddy text me a picture of an empty case that he wrote on before he left for a hunt after I helped him build a load for his rifle. He's on a deer hunt in CA. No details, just a teaser picture!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mt Al

WKR
Prepping the house for winter, cleared on of the three garage bays for my wife's car (y), the other two remain packed. Cleaned out horse water tanks, put in new heaters. Picked up mulch to help the plants make it through winter. Yesterday went out archery deer/rifle antelope and didn't one single critter - which has never happened on the place I hunt for about 30 years. Still was a beautiful day, so much to be thankful for.