What makes more sense for me?

Google up some traditional shoots in your area, and go look at/ try some.

You'll get some ideas right away about you like.

I've never met a guy at a shoot that wouldn't let you try his bow.

Yeah I met a fella last year who let me hold his brand new custom Bob Lee with exotic woods. I can't imagine it was less than $1,700. Complete stranger. Tom Clum let me shoot his heartland.

oldgoat

WKR
Yeah I met a fella last year who let me hold his brand new custom Bob Lee with exotic woods. I can't imagine it was less than $1,700. Complete stranger. Tom Clum let me shoot his heartland.
Those Reverse Mounted Heartlands are sweet, if there's a bow that will entice me away from Toelkes, it's the one! I haven't shot Toms, it's a little short for my long draw, but I shot Tracy's at rmsgear, holy shit that's a smooth bow!

Shoot lots of bows for sure. ILF is nice for learning what gear fits you best. But... make darn sure that your form and mental game are not the problem with your shooting before you start tinkering with your setup. Any of the big name custom/semi custom bows will out shoot you and won't make much difference until you really get your form dialed in. Until you're executing every shot the same way, and getting consistent arrow grouping you won't be able to tell if a certain grip, or string, or tiller, or rest, is making a positive difference.

Those Reverse Mounted Heartlands are sweet, if there's a bow that will entice me away from Toelkes, it's the one! I haven't shot Toms, it's a little short for my long draw, but I shot Tracy's at rmsgear, holy shit that's a smooth bow!
Yes they are. I like the draw of my Wapiti, but I love the belly mounted styles. After shooting Tom's, I ordered one. Should have it in April or early May.