What pack is my buddy looking for?

Scoot

WKR
I've got a buddy who's looking for a pack. He wants something that will have a decent number of pockets/sleeves/etc. and not one big bag (he used a Highcamp and didn't care for the one large bag setup). He wants to be able to put a tripod in/on it easily with a pocket or sleeve devoted to it. He also wants to be able to haul meat comfortably (as comfortable as one can anyway). Size wise, he's looking for something around 2200-3500 or so- definitely doesn't need a 4000+ bag.

What Kifaru options would you suggest? I was thinking the Nomad on the new Hunter frame would fit the bill for what he's looking for??? Thoughts on the Icon Pro 3200 fitting the description above? In particular, how would the Icon Pro 3200 handle a tripod- can it go in/on the pack, other than in the big pocket? How about the Stone Glacier Approach? Other options that would work well for him?
Thanks guys!!!

slick

WKR
There are plenty of guys on here that will probably chime in..I would push him towards an SG Solo + 2 camp pockets on the inside...it doesn't have a dedicated spotting scope pocket/sleeve though

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Just came from Kifaru Shop last week. Had a chance to look at the bags on the wall the 3 that I think would fit the bill perfect for your buddy are going to be:

22 Mag

The Rambler

Nomad

All 3 of these packs meet the requirements you listed above

Ive never owned or seen the SG Packs cant comment but I did just snag a 3200 Kuiu pro pack bag that I plan to mount to the new Kifaru Tactical Duplex Frame. But still to soon for me to even comment on how it would fit your requirements as I havent had a chance to play around with it yet.

The Exo 3500 would also be a good fit with your buddies requirements. I owned one last year and had a tripod and spotter in it many times the side sleeves work great.
If I could make a suggestion and Im definitely no expert but the Timberline series of bags are also a very good fit. Even if he doesnt need all that room they cinch down to nothing for day pack mode and the side pockets are still usable for the Spotter and tripod. These guys willl all tell you its better to have the room and not need it then to need the room and not have it.
Best of luck on the pack search. It can be addicting for sure.

oldgoat

WKR
My vote is the Nomad, perfect pockets for scope and tripod and add a dry sack or camp bag and you can haul heavy when you need too and it's gone when you don't!