What rifle is missing stock options?

Man… I can’t believe I missed all the fun(so far).

- M70 LA (sounds like any day now).

- Sako 85 - @Stockys - I have an 85M I’ll let you use for a model

Sauer 100 - I have a Sauer 100 you can use too!

I’m not too far away either… SoFL.

Thanks!

I'm still praying for Rokstoks for Ruger M77 Mkii/hawkeye left hand LA and SA!
Just me reading between the lines on all the RokStok/rokstok adjacent content, but my hypothesis is the Ruger M77 might have the most 'headwind' in front of it for RokStok development. I hope I'm wrong, because Stockys will have the inlets and everything, but I'm not counting on it coming to life anytime soon. For those rifles I have my sights set on the Stockys VG.

Just me reading between the lines on all the RokStok/rokstok adjacent content, but my hypothesis is the Ruger M77 might have the most 'headwind' in front of it for RokStok development. I hope I'm wrong, because Stockys will have the inlets and everything, but I'm not counting on it coming to life anytime soon. For those rifles I have my sights set on the Stockys VG.
In one of the podcasts I recall Jake and Ryan saying there will be Rokstoks for any inlet Stockys has. I'm curious what you think the headwinds are?

In one of the podcasts I recall Jake and Ryan saying there will be Rokstoks for any inlet Stockys has. I'm curious what you think the headwinds are?
I had missed that! That is a good bit of news. I definitely don't want to count them out, maybe it's just a matter of time and $$/interest then.
Maybe the lack of what I would call "ideal" stocks on the market for the Ruger's will be a force for good in accelerating RokStok production? There are certainly a lot of M77's out there. Either way, it won't happen without a good amount of prodding and $$$ up front to UM to get pre-orders to start production I would guess. They certainly have the least amount of premium aftermarket stock options vs other actions, and opinions vary as to why, between the angled front action screw, some people's dislike for rugers, or just lack of M77 people wanting to modify their setup because they aren't that far 'down the rabbit hole' so to speak?

If I go off of what actions are available to pre-order on UM's site (which I think is a reflection of what they anticipate will be most popular and therefore want to focus their efforts on) you see more DIY at home tinkerer friendly push feed actions, as that crowd seems to be more aware of the RokStok.

As an aside, I am currently trying to rally the troops to pre-order M70 Rokstoks this summer (because it's an option on the website right now) and while there is positive feedback and good interest it pails in comparison to the number of R700 and Tikka's actually bought and paid for so far, which is partially due to the up front info and marketing for the RokStok being focused on Tikka/R700, and their popularity.

Then of course there's the 'Ruger's are crap' vibe I pick up from the S2H gang, it's sort of subtle and only been stated once or twice, and maybe it's just me/I'm wrong, but I sense it haha. At the end of the day if the $$$/interest is there, I'm sure they'll make 'em eventually.

I had missed that! That is a good bit of news. I definitely don't want to count them out, maybe it's just a matter of time and $$/interest then.
Maybe the lack of what I would call "ideal" stocks on the market for the Ruger's will be a force for good in accelerating RokStok production? There are certainly a lot of M77's out there. Either way, it won't happen without a good amount of prodding and $$$ up front to UM to get pre-orders to start production I would guess. They certainly have the least amount of premium aftermarket stock options vs other actions, and opinions vary as to why, between the angled front action screw, some people's dislike for rugers, or just lack of M77 people wanting to modify their setup because they aren't that far 'down the rabbit hole' so to speak?

If I go off of what actions are available to pre-order on UM's site (which I think is a reflection of what they anticipate will be most popular and therefore want to focus their efforts on) you see more DIY at home tinkerer friendly push feed actions, as that crowd seems to be more aware of the RokStok.

As an aside, I am currently trying to rally the troops to pre-order M70 Rokstoks this summer (because it's an option on the website right now) and while there is positive feedback and good interest it pails in comparison to the number of R700 and Tikka's actually bought and paid for so far, which is partially due to the up front info and marketing for the RokStok being focused on Tikka/R700, and their popularity.

Then of course there's the 'Ruger's are crap' vibe I pick up from the S2H gang, it's sort of subtle and only been stated once or twice, and maybe it's just me/I'm wrong, but I sense it haha. At the end of the day if the $$$/interest is there, I'm sure they'll make 'em eventually.
Here's hoping. As you say there are really no good m77 options out there, and none in left hand. HS Precision is supposedly coming out with one based on the Hawkeye FTW but it's still a shorter, with no vertical grip, and definitely no negative comb.

Back