What to do, Roatan, Cozumel, Belize city, Puerto Costa Maya...

tony

WKR
Little off your path, we went to Cozumel last fall.
Took an excursion to Chichen Itza, Talum, some other little town involved in Myan history.
Swam in two cenotes, that was pretty neat. Also had traditional Myan food
Went to Cozumel on a cruise, did cruise type things like swim with the dolphins and manatees.
If you can, check out Chichen Itza.

Cruise wise been to:
Haiti, The Hattians we went snorkeling with were damn cool, keep us filled with rum punch. Be warned they like American white gals!
Jamaica- climbed a waterfall in one of the national parks, went tubing. Had real red stripe and real Jamaican jerk BBQ
Aruba - Beaches, hookers, and jewelry. Met this guy and had a beer with him.
I already knew his music, GF finally told me to man up and go introduce myself.
Curacao - cool little island country with a desert. Swam with the sea turtles for our excursion there.
Of course the Bahamas. Everybody goes there.

Oh and save your pennies or sell some stuff and buy the drink package. Thank me later.

Last edited:

JMasson

Lil-Rokslider
We did a Mayan ruin tour out of Belize and it was great. Was like an hour boat ride up the river to the ruins. We were heading up there and passed a bunch a bunch of Amish farms. Apparently the Belize government gave a bunch of Amish people land to come there and farm for them. 🤷‍♂️ was surprised to see that. The Mayan ruins were awesome, if your into that kind of stuff, which I am.
They’re Mennonite farms but the same general idea.
Thanks all. Fishing likely won't happen as we'll be hanging out with all 4 of us. We all like to snorkel so that's definitely on the list. Zip lines as well. Belize was my one hold up. Seems hit or miss safety wise depending on where you go. I'd guess the cruise excursions are safe or they wouldn't do them and or stop there. I'll check out Cruise Critic, thanks Oregon.
Belize City is the only place I have ever felt unsafe in the entire country. Like most cities in the third world, it tends to attract the worst.