What Upgrade is more important??

The most important improvement is the one you are already doing, practicing with a coach.

If you are hunting super thick terrain for WT then a stand could be number 1 but I would personally say a RF is more vital to success. I have killed a lot of WT on the ground including a bunch of B&C grossing bucks, it can be done. Guessing range in high stress situation is not as easy as backyard practice.

Either way, you are on the right path with your practice regimen, Dud has a lot of great info for you to absorb.

The most important improvement is the one you are already doing, practicing with a coach.

If you are hunting super thick terrain for WT then a stand could be number 1 but I would personally say a RF is more vital to success. I have killed a lot of WT on the ground including a bunch of B&C grossing bucks, it can be done. Guessing range in high stress situation is not as easy as backyard practice.

Either way, you are on the right path with your practice regimen, Dud has a lot of great info for you to absorb.

Hey Tony what kind of terrain are you shooting WT’s on the ground? Open terrain, or thicker woods? I’d love to hear more if you have any info you have wrote anywhere. I’ve shot a few good ones on the marsh at low tide getting down in creeks and waiting for them to cross or cutting them off with the muzzleloader but never really got within 75 yards,would love to bow hunt from the ground. heads up decoy would be deadly but illegal in MA.

Hey Tony what kind of terrain are you shooting WT’s on the ground? Open terrain, or thicker woods? I’d love to hear more if you have any info you have wrote anywhere. I’ve shot a few good ones on the marsh at low tide getting down in creeks and waiting for them to cross or cutting them off with the muzzleloader but never really got within 75 yards,would love to bow hunt from the ground. heads up decoy would be deadly but illegal in MA.

Mostly open country, rolling plains and breaks but it’s worked in the thicker Midwest states too.
I have written about spot and stalk wt in Earned DIY Journal.
Heads up decoy works great where the buck-doe ratio is high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back