What’s everybody using for stabilizers

Jacack

WKR
Just wondering what guys are liking these days. Always used doinkers but thinking about trying something else.

dkime

WKR
CBE Torx, they all do the same thing. Find the least expensive version of all of the features you’d like and go that route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I went with a crossover 821 and love it. I migrated away from an 8” doinker because I wanted to try something else. I put a bowjax on it and it works great with settling your pin down at longer ranges with it fully extended to 21”.

PredatorX

WKR
I'm so glad I was able to get past it's looks and thoughts of it being gimicky.

dd1fc268f212f2329bef57db84d35431.jpg

MTSabo

WKR
I use an 8" beestinger on the back and nothing on the front. My sight is far enough out it balances quite nicely.

I don't get the quivilizers seems like just a ton of weight up front that is everchanging as you shoot or replace arrows.

PredatorX

WKR
Couple of thoughts on the quivalizer.

I always shoot with a quiver on.
Taking arrows from a quivalizer or side mounted quiver...you are still removing weight either way. I always practice with 1 removed

My setup does place more weight out front. Ive always shot a balanced bow. With the extra weight out front I find it more beneficial it seems with pin float. It's a lot more fun to shoot then it is to try and balance the bow in hand.

I'm guessing I have shaved off 1/2# with the quivalizer. It seems while shedding weight I have also added extra stability and lateral balance.

I can run the quivalizer in normal side mounted mode or stabilizer mode. Disconnection/connection is super fast. Fast like running to setup on a bull and I can move it then if I wanted.

You can carry it around your neck like a big dog haha.

Quality of build is superb.

The amount of adjustability on the quivalizer is ridiculous.

Your broadhead never crosses the string when loading. I also find I can remove an arrow with less movement.

I like it's ability to stand up when leaning against something or holding vertically when on your knees waiting for a shot.

Now for the elephant in the room...it is a little pigish but I am getting used to it and I don't think I'd have a problem moving it when needed or even running and gunning with it. My arrow does stick out farther then the quivalizer.

Not sure if I would use it perched in a tree in stabilizer mode. I'd probably use my recurve for whitetails anyways.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BigWoods

WKR
8" Fuse Carbon Fx with 2 oz on my Mathews Traverse. With the QD, it sticks out about 10" and steadies things real well. Considering playing with a 6" sidebar.

Honestly, owned a quivalizer and hated it, back to my TightSpot 5. Incredible at the range and in a controlled environment, I love it there. However out in the field last year for about 40 days I destroyed mine, lost 3 arrows with Iron Will broadheads, the inside foam/plastic hood was demolished by the broadheads, I was able to torque the screwed on pieces when it was attached to my back, worse, yes, it acts like a sail, in a bit of wind I can not hold tight. No love from me for it in field use.

Anyways, using Spider Archery 10/8 right now, messing around with the 8/6 and just a 10 and different weights on my Halon 32. Quite a few months to tinker to see what I'll be using come late August.

PredatorX

WKR
They did change up the design and no longer use a foam insert. In strong wind I can see it being worse though. I could never hold tight in strong wind anyways.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
No more foam.
I loved mine till I had three days in WY last Sept that is so windy I couldnt shoot with it. I switched up to another bow for those days and was using 12" micohexx counter slide and tight spot....big difference in the wind.
Up until that point I stated that the quiverlizer wasnt much different then a vertical set up... I ate some crow. I did use the quiverlizer off and on the rest of the season...maybe 15 or so days with it and the same without it.

BigWoods

WKR
Honestly, owned a quivalizer and hated it, back to my TightSpot 5. Incredible at the range and in a controlled environment, I love it there. However out in the field last year for about 40 days I destroyed mine, lost 3 arrows with Iron Will broadheads, the inside foam/plastic hood was demolished by the broadheads, I was able to torque the screwed on pieces when it was attached to my back, worse, yes, it acts like a sail, in a bit of wind I can not hold tight. No love from me for it in field use.

Anyways, using Spider Archery 10/8 right now, messing around with the 8/6 and just a 10 and different weights on my Halon 32. Quite a few months to tinker to see what I'll be using come late August.
What's your current take on the 10/8 vs 8/6 with that Halon? I've got an 8" stab right now, so I can go either way by buying one stabilizer.

There's a ton of variance and personal preference to the whole thing, not an exact science that some people make it seem by just balancing it on the grip.

The 10" definitely helps with the long-range shooting, the 8/6 works fine, but I tighten up past 60 with the 10 out front. Just having the 6" brings me to full draw naturally leveled with the sight. I've got a 10/8/6 from Spider Archery a bunch of weights so it's fun to mess around.

Sorry not the best answer but I'm most likely going to land with a 10/8, been the tightest with that out to 70/80