What’s everyone’s favorite lunch when hunting and hiking the mountains?

WCB

WKR
turkey, ham, cheese, with a flavored cream cheese spread (garlic and herb) in a tortilla. Maybe add some bacon in there. assortment of candy bars...maybe some gummy worms. Milk Duds

If it is cold out I like to make ham and cheese sandwiches, wrap them in foil and cook them on my back pack stove for a hot ham and cheese....always better than even a hot freeze dried meal.

Titan_Bow

WKR
On backpack hunts, I like to use Orowheat whole wheat Sandwich thins. They pack well because they are flat, and packed inside a gallon ziploc with my days provisions, they stay intact and dont get crushed. Ill usually make a sandwich with a couple packs of Justins peanut butter or a pack of tuna in olive oil. On shorter trips I like to bring a couple slices of bacon to add with the peanut butter.
I like to make my own jerky. I made up a jerky seasoning using korean Gochujang sauce, soy sauce, a little honey. I let it sit in that for 24 hours, then smoke the pieces for 3 or 4 hours, then dehydrate.
I'll also dehydrate fruit. Just did a bunch of palisade peaches, bananas and apple slices.

Wingshooter

Lil-Rokslider
If I have any jerky left from last years deer it will go in my pack with a hunk of cheese. I love snacking as the day goes by. Usually a few Clif bars in my pack as well.

mmayter9

FNG
Favorite meals for camping or when being out in the woods in general are non camping meals. Some things that comes to mind, ice cream, sushi, Chinese take out style food. Although we usually eat a lot of meat, ribs, steak, bbq teriyaki chicken which is normal camp food for us and I can't complain about that at all. Easy food is best to minimize cleaning and preparation.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I got hooked on pistachios and Natures Bakery Oatmeal crumble bars this season.

GreenNDark Timber

Lil-Rokslider
I have 3 I rotate through on every hunt. I start the rotation over every 4th day. Seems to keep me from burning out on eating the same thing over and over.

1. Dried Salami & Cheese on Bagel
2. PB&J on Tortilla
3. Flavored Tuna pack on Pita

With all 3 I put a pack of Cheese Its or small bag of Fritos, Kind Bar or RX bar, 1 stick of fruit leather and a bite size Snickers or single Reeses PB cup. I mix these up too to give me a little variation.

By this logic we can carry beer too! I like the way you think.
You don't already?

I will buy pork loins stuffed with jalapeño cheddar bratwurst from my butcher, smoke them and slice them 1/4" thick or so. 2 slices, hearty wheat bread and Sharon cheddar make an excellent sandwich.

grfox92

WKR
Ramen with a tuna pouch or can of sardines.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
From a base camp I like a bake potato in a bag with meat from the night prior. I normally cook extra for that reason.

When backpacking it's too sporadic. I will occasionally eat a dehydrated meal. But it's usually a combination of jerky, a grain based bar, and something sweet.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I’m looking specifically for lunch ideas here.

Preferably not dehydrated/freeze dried because I have no intent to carry a burner for
Boiling water

Y’all like sandwiches? Wraps? Just snack a lot on trail mix or bars? What’s everyone’s go to?

We’re going in and out of the woods every day, so breakfast and dinner are irrelevant. We’ll have those back at base camp
I like to turn a lot of my meat into jerky from the previous hunts and use it for the jerky on the current ones. It already tastes good but it's fun bringing your last hard earned Victory on your current one. And light weight. Carb and fats wise the honey stingers are a fantastic treat but expensive. Clif bars and promeal bars are good dense nutrients wise and not too spendy. Most times I just look for sustenance to keep going quick so nibble on some jerky, dry scoop a couple oatmeal packs for 50+g carbs and wash down with electrolyte mix.