What’s on everyone’s 2020 gear list?

Mountainman3

Lil-Rokslider
I guess we will have to wait for the shows before a lot of new stuff is officially announced. ATA, SHOT, etc...

What’s on my list? Glad you asked.

A truck outfitted for camping.

I have the truck on order. 2020 Ford F-250 in the Tremor package with the new 7.3L gas Godzilla engine. Adding ARE overland topper and currently looking at bed/sleeping options within the bed of the truck. When it’s warm I’ll sleep in a hammock. Cooler weather then I want to sleep in the bed of the truck.

Do any of you have ideas around the best way/item for the truck bed? I’ve seen the inflatable air beds that are fit to the size of your bed. I can always sleep on my air rail but looking at more comfy options for 2 people.

Is there anything else you’d suggest for a truck camping set up?

Anyone have experience with the ARE overland topper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronc

Lil-Rokslider
High quality 8x30 binoculars
Going to spend some time and money trying to find a really good fitting pair of boots.

Marble

WKR
I guess we will have to wait for the shows before a lot of new stuff is officially announced. ATA, SHOT, etc...

What’s on my list? Glad you asked.

A truck outfitted for camping.

I have the truck on order. 2020 Ford F-250 in the Tremor package with the new 7.3L gas Godzilla engine. Adding ARE overland topper and currently looking at bed/sleeping options within the bed of the truck. When it’s warm I’ll sleep in a hammock. Cooler weather then I want to sleep in the bed of the truck.

Do any of you have ideas around the best way/item for the truck bed? I’ve seen the inflatable air beds that are fit to the size of your bed. I can always sleep on my air rail but looking at more comfy options for 2 people.

Is there anything else you’d suggest for a truck camping set up?

Anyone have experience with the ARE overland topper?

For my truck camping I use a trifold futon. Two stuff together nicely in the front of the bed. I stay away from the air mattresses. They get holes in them.

The second thing I do is put a 1"thick piece of plywood in the front of the bed. It sits on the rails where the shell is attached. I use it like a shelf. Before I go to bed, i will eat up my coffee stuff so in the morning when it's cold I can start that process before I'm even out of the truck. The shelf is handy.

OP
M

Mountainman3

Lil-Rokslider
For my truck camping I use a trifold futon. Two stuff together nicely in the front of the bed. I stay away from the air mattresses. They get holes in them.

The second thing I do is put a 1"thick piece of plywood in the front of the bed. It sits on the rails where the shell is attached. I use it like a shelf. Before I go to bed, i will eat up my coffee stuff so in the morning when it's cold I can start that process before I'm even out of the truck. The shelf is handy.

Good idea on the futon mattress and the shelf.

In the early 90’s I had a Nissan truck. I had a 3/4” pc of plywood between the camper shell and bed. I kept all gear underneath and had a bed area on top along with more gear stored next to me. Had an old army down sleeping bag. I had a rail welded across the back of the camper shell and used that to help get me in and out of the sleeping area. Also doubled as a place to hang/tie off stuff. I’m too old to get in and out between the shell and bed rails nowadays.

Fatcamp

WKR
Need tall gaiters. My calves are large which makes it a problem. Wish I knew which Kuiu fit.

Hopefully I need to buy a muzzleloader as well, but need to draw the tag and have our commission decide on optics changes.

Other than that we are solid.

1) Early season quilt/lightweight sleeping bag
2) Crispi/Kenetrek, etc boot upgrade
3) Fresh set of Hunter XT 340 arrows
4) Better fixed blade broadheads (any suggestions?)
5) NockOn Thumb release

Need tall gaiters. My calves are large which makes it a problem. Wish I knew which Kuiu fit.

Hopefully I need to buy a muzzleloader as well, but need to draw the tag and have our commission decide on optics changes.

Other than that we are solid.

I have large(ish) calves as well, and I have the Large Yukon gaiters and they fit very comfortably. The buckle at the top come over my calf to prevent from slipping down. Very well made.

OP
M

Mountainman3

Lil-Rokslider
1) Early season quilt/lightweight sleeping bag
2) Crispi/Kenetrek, etc boot upgrade
3) Fresh set of Hunter XT 340 arrows
4) Better fixed blade broadheads (any suggestions?)
5) NockOn Thumb release

I upgraded to Kenetrek mountain guides this year and a month after I buy them they have 20% off sale. I think that sale just ended yesterday too.

I switched to a G5 montec in 125 grain this year. They shot 1/4”-1/2” to the right of my field points, so just very minor windage adjustment for me. I also upgraded to the FMJ arrows.