what's the difference between the bikini belt and the duplex belt?

ozyclint

WKR
looking at rigging a duplex belt onto my spike camp since the omni belt that was supplied with the pack even after giving measurements is too big.
i have a T2 and the belt off it measures 31" padding tip to padding tip on the inside. this will work well on the spike camp with very little modification.
i was on the kifaru website looking at the belts and noticed that you can order bikini or duplex belts. just wondering if there is any difference? i thought they were the same.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
The bikini belt also has different size webbing to accommodate the 3/4 inch shoulder straps. The duplex belt has 1" webbing to the shoulder straps.

Curtis C

WKR
My duplex and bikini belts are not interchangeable. The duplex has a single 6 or 7 inch wide sleeve for the frame and the bikini has two 1 inch sleeves. I will add that my duplex was made prior to the bikini release so the new duplex belts may have the small sleeves also.

OP
ozyclint

ozyclint

WKR
i have a standard T2 and it came with a belt that has the large pocket to fit a duplex frame and it also has the small stay pockets for use on my pack.

sounds like a duplex belt is what i need.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Neither belt works correctly with spike camp.

The shoulder straps on spike camp hook back to pack...

They hook back to belt on DT and BT packs.

OP
ozyclint

ozyclint

WKR
Neither belt works correctly with spike camp.

The shoulder straps on spike camp hook back to pack...

They hook back to belt on DT and BT packs.

i know. i was planning on sewing some velcro onto a duplex belt so it sticks to the pack like an omni belt does then cutting the shoulder straps of the belt since they are not needed when used with a spike camp. i've had my current T2 belt on the spike camp and it works just fine. it'll pack heavy day loads in more comfort than the omni.

when you see what i've done to install 26" stays to the spike camp this mod is a breeze. i have a franken spike camp.