What's the most fun a guy can have with $20,000

OP
F

fittohunt

FNG
I’d be doing a cast in blast in South America OR looking into the small ship cruises/mothership operations in Alaska. Can tag on any number of hunts/ fishing trips to these and make for an amazing trip.
How would I find a cruise/hunt like youre descrbing in AK?

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
With 20K .
If you have the flexibility to go on short notice 10-30 day time frame , you can probably find
a amazing horseback hunt with one of BC’s, NWT, or Yukon’s top outfits on a cancellation hunt.
You will need to be able to make a quick decision since these hunts are priced to sell fast. You
still need to be selective on choosing the right outfitter and timing of the hunt . Due to my career,
I have been fortunate enough to go on five of these type of cancellation hunts all in the Yukon. Those guided Yukon hunts provided many of my best hunting memories and greatest adventures. With using horses you can hunt with and pack both your bow and rifle.
With the right timing and a little luck you could possibly go on a Dall sheep hunt.

Last edited:
If I've got 15-20k of discretionary funds, what the most fun/rewarding hunt/adventure you can go on? For reference, I'm 42, in good shape, and I've killed a hand full of elk/deer in the western USA, and I've never done a guided hunt. I also lean heavily on archery equipment. I certainly will hunt with a rifle, but its simply not as fun for me.

For this question, I'd also like to hear some ideas on mulit-species type hunts. Or possibly some kind of cool fishing add ons..

My first few options are roughly;

-DIY Alaska moose, fly in , drop off
-Guided BC moose
-Alaska Caribou
-Something in NZ.. Stag, Tahr, ect
_Argentina stag, birds, fishing...

Any other cool ideas, experiences...

Easy go with Ovis Outfitters on an Arctic grizzly bear, caribou, wolf hunt. Or a Dall sheep, caribou, wolf hunt.

Brown bear would be nice too! They do them all. Great folks with a 110% work ethic.

1714676325044.png1714676294610.png Guide with my bear.

huntnful

WKR
Ive already got a healthy emergency fund, and retirement plan. These are "discretionary " funds. Meant more purely entertainment.
Good. Sounds like you have a healthy balance and decided this is your spending money!

I would just personally probably spread it out over a few trips, and years. There is not a single week long anything that I think could be worth $20k. Obviously that's just my opinion. But an "experience" can only be SO experiency hahaha. I've personally done the following, and thought they were worth the money. But never repeated them.

Argentina dove and duck hunting for 7 days. That was a blast. Maybe $5-6k

Canada duck and goose hunting. $5-6k

Alaska Caribou hunting. $5-6k

Aoudad in TX. $3-6k

But that's it for me. I have a hard time spending piles of money on "experiences" because I make some pretty badass experiences with just 6 tags or so every year and living in the mountains while hunting a bunch.

I could book the sheep slam tomorrow if I wanted, and it just simply is not appealing whatsoever, based off the hunts I do every year for $1-2k.

I would say to experience alaska though. It's pretty awesome country. But don't blow the whole $20k on one hunt, unless you're dead set on killing that specific animal, in that specific fashion.