What's up with Berger?

elkguide

WKR
Does anyone know what's going on with Berger. I've been trying to acquire some more bullets to use on my upcoming elk hunt and I can't find any bullets locally or at any of the online stores. Every time that I call their help line I get sent to a voicemail box and no calls are returned. The VLD's have been giving me 1/2" groups but I'm going to need some more for my hunt. Thanks guys.

Rick

FNG
Try to place them on backorder with your favorite online retailer. Make sure you setup the "notify me" options also.

What size are you looking for? The 30 cal 210s have started showing up locally in the last couple months but nothing in 6.5 VLD in my area. I have heard some of the hybrid varieties are showing up locally also. I back ordered 6.5 VLDs and hopefully they will show up within the next few weeks if future shipments match the previous months.

OP
E

elkguide

WKR
185 VLD's in .308 and any of the 6.5's for all of my buddies that have caught the 6.5 craze.

Berger moved their facilities recently and it seems they are just getting production up again on certain items. Powder Valley is always my first stop and it looks like they have 185s at least. Grafs seems to get berger/lapua stuff early when shipments start as well.

Like wind stated Berger recently sold and moved to AZ. Also they started their own line of ammo. The 185s shouldn't be hard to find but the 6.5 will be tough especially with hunting seasons starting very soon.
Maybe post a WTB ad in the classifieds and see if anyone might have any.