What’s your back country bow weight

How much does your bow set up that you use in the back country with a quiver attached?

Happy Easter fellow sliders

Arcola

FNG
I’ve spent an embarrassing amount of time and money trying to get the lightest bow setup for backcountry hunting. What I found was that the lighter my bow got, the less steady I was shooting. Then I got to thinking about the fact that I carry an eight pound rifle around during firearms season without hesitation. Since then I’ve focused on setting up my bow for stable shooting and have been happy carrying 5+lb bows.

Bump79

WKR
Waste of thought IMHO. I don't get crazy with weight on my stabs but anywhere in the 6-7lb range is good enough for me

OP
Kifaru_Kinda_Guy
Waste of thought IMHO. I don't get crazy with weight on my stabs but anywhere in the 6-7lb range is good enough for me
I run an anchor of a bow 8.5 lbs but I shoot it very well. So guess i’ll just train with a dumbbell in hand hiking

180ls1

WKR
Heavy and long. Black 9.

I do have an ultralite backcountry setup that's 3.9lbs bare but I shoot the Prime so much better it always comes with.

OP
Kifaru_Kinda_Guy
I’ve spent an embarrassing amount of time and money trying to get the lightest bow setup for backcountry hunting. What I found was that the lighter my bow got, the less steady I was shooting. Then I got to thinking about the fact that I carry an eight pound rifle around during firearms season without hesitation. Since then I’ve focused on setting up my bow for stable shooting and have been happy carrying 5+lb bows.
Yea i am same way when i take all the weight off pin float gets crazy and can’t hold still.

Been down this rabbit hole myself lol shot and Elite E35 with a front and back bar and a tight spot full of arrows that was like 9.25lbs. I could shoot the hell out of it but it got annoying carrying. Now I shoot an RX1 Ultra with a Quivalizer full of arrows that is just under 5.9lbs and in my brain feels more effective. I have no issues shooting it.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've never even thought about what mine weighs. All I know is that it's lighter than my hunting rifles by a long shot. I've never weighed any of them either.

It's funny though.....every time I'm up helping someone else and I don't have a tag, I feel kind of naked not having my bow in my hand. It really feels off. Even just hiking anymore without it......just doesn't feel right. That's how much and how long I carry my bow every season.

OP
Kifaru_Kinda_Guy
9.5# with a full quiver

What is your set up I am running phase 4 33 with spot hogg fast eddie xl, hamskea epsilon rest , tight spot 5 arrow quiver, 15 inch cbe front bar, 10 inch back bar, 2oz out front and 5-6oz out back.

big44a4

WKR
What is your set up I am running phase 4 33 with spot hogg fast eddie xl, hamskea epsilon rest , tight spot 5 arrow quiver, 15 inch cbe front bar, 10 inch back bar, 2oz out front and 5-6oz out back.

PSE Xpedite NXT, tight spot 7 arrow, 7 victory RIP SS, 125gr heads, hogg father double pin, 15” front with 6oz and 10 degree down, bowfinger back bar mount and 12” with 3 ounces, hamskea trinity rest, handles raptor peep.

Didn’t weigh it until recently as was just curious. I use whatever shoots the best and it hammers for me. Only 4.8# holding weight which is unconventional for most as well. A light setup is not as steady for me.

Last edited:

nphunter

WKR
5.4lb ready to hunt including five 450gr arrows. PSE Mach 34, CBE Trek Pro 5 pin slider, tight spot quiver and QAD MX2 Rest. I didn't build it to be light but am happy with the light weight for sure and it shoots and holds much better than my heavier Hoyt RX4 did by far.

I've never even thought about what mine weighs. All I know is that it's lighter than my hunting rifles by a long shot. I've never weighed any of them either.

It's funny though.....every time I'm up helping someone else and I don't have a tag, I feel kind of naked not having my bow in my hand. It really feels off. Even just hiking anymore without it......just doesn't feel right. That's how much and how long I carry my bow every season.
This 100%