The largest by far was a kill last year with a 22-6mm
Im always trapping them and rarely get to shoot one while hunting
This cat was 36" nose to tail and weighed 38 pounds
That is a very large cat being in the Deep South
That’s a very large cat for anywhere!

Very cool and thank you for sharing!

Fire power

Lil-Rokslider
The biggest one I've seen was a 37 pound tom cat that I found under some trees one pheasant season. The second biggest one was one I shot. He weighed probably 25 pounds maybe a little more. I don't really like guessing but I dont have a scale. I'm really good at guessing though. The one I found dead under the trees was heavier than most coyotes I've ever picked up. He was a big ol' dude thats for sure.

OP
Rogue Bay

Rogue Bay

WKR
The biggest one I've seen was a 37 pound tom cat that I found under some trees one pheasant season. The second biggest one was one I shot. He weighed probably 25 pounds maybe a little more. I don't really like guessing but I dont have a scale. I'm really good at guessing though. The one I found dead under the trees was heavier than most coyotes I've ever picked up. He was a big ol' dude thats for sure.
Any indication of what killed him?

Hunt the Top

Lil-Rokslider
7eb55563d4b97c1d0bd1506eef93c2a8.jpg

38 lb North Idaho Tom

Finn16

WKR
I have caught 3 in the 28-29 pound range. My biggest was 32 lbs. Most my Tom's average around 22ish and females around 17ish. The big wide cat was the 32 pounder. Without an actual scale most people severely over judge their weight. View attachment 531242
Amen to that. My biggest was 27 pounds. I normally subtract 10 pounds when someone tells me how much their big cat weighed. I once had a guy ask me how come I never catch any 30-40 pounders like everyone else? I told him cuz I have a scale and know how to use it. No doubt a lot of 30+ pounders have been taken but I've seen a lot of pix of 25 pounders captioned as 35-40 pounders.

BTW, good job on putting up your cats. Love the wide white bellies (as do the fur buyers).

Attachments

• IMG_6651 (1).jpg
    IMG_6651 (1).jpg
    374 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

TheGDog

WKR
7eb55563d4b97c1d0bd1506eef93c2a8.jpg

38 lb North Idaho Tom
Nice Man!

Yeah that's like the size of this one Tom I've seen twice out in this one place in D15. Always as Sunset is starting to throw the longer shadows.

Just this lil rocked Body-Builder dude walkin' around wishin' some other cat would try to test Him! Y' know what I mean? The kind that doesn't walk around scary and nervy lookin'.