When Do You Leave?

ElkNut1

WKR
When is everyone leaving for their hunts?

I'm heading out tomorrow (Monday-28th) to set elk camp up. Get firewood in & have things organized around camp. Do some shooting (arrows) there & scout a couple spots to check on elk activity. Wednesday the 30th is our opener! Should be good times!!!!!!

ElkNut

Last edited:

Del Gue

FNG
Heading out west Sept 6th. Will have about 30 hour drive to Delta, Colorado, up the mountain and into camp. Muzzy season starts on the 9th.

Roger17

Lil-Rokslider
Leave for CO on 9/21 to hunt the last 9 days of the season.

I was just listening to you this am, on an older podcast, while I was climbing bleachers. Ended up having to miss the webinar Friday but I'll be diving into the replay this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

robtattoo

WKR
Setting off for Wyoming October 12th. Should get to my camping spot late on the 13th or early the 14th. That gives me a day or so to lay in some firewood, organize camp & check a few spots. Season opens the 15th.

Finishing packing up today. Will load the truck tomorrow evening. I'm heading from Warner Robins GA to Abilene TX to meet up with my buddy and Wed morning we are heading to northern NM for first season archery which starts on the 1st.

87TT

WKR
Tuesday 29th midday.
Should be home by the 30th or 31st depending on the packout thanks to all that great Elknut learnin’ 😁

Reactions: Duh

87TT

WKR
I got all month if needed but………………..thanks to Paul I got some new moves.(y)

Jaquomo

WKR
Leaving Wednesday the 30th, have multiple either sex elk tags in two states and the whole month to hunt. The day after archery elk season closes in CO and WY, my Eastern plains deer and elk season opens and runs basically until Dec 31. Then to Sonora for monster Coues.

I do need to stop by the homestead now and then for conjugal visits and to resupply food. Also will take a hiatus to accompany said wife on her buffalo hunt in October. That damn buffalo has removed all pressure to kill something for the freezer, so it will all be a fun time no matter what.

I don't know what the 96% of the U.S. that doesn't hunt does during the fall, but I hunt.

TheFool

Lil-Rokslider
I leave the 5th for Colorado and come home the 15th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyogoat

WKR
Leave Friday to get the first few days in and then weekends again until hunting the last 2 weeks straight.

Gerbdog

WKR
Go set up camp Thursday night, hunt starts first thing Saturday : Long weekends until the last week of the season... will be pushing hard at that point to get er done.