Where do you buy Sportsmatch rings online?

Tod osier

WKR
What plastic cap did you find that fits well? I have a tikka that bounces brass back into the chamber, too.

these are just about perfect for me. They are rubbery and flexible with just a bit of stretch and are a nice tight fit. They are too long and need cut down, but they cut well with scissors. I will probably use a small cable tie over on backcountry trips. Appearance is not exceptional.

Clarktar

WKR
Been using mine on a 30-06 with a Z3. No problems. Great rings thus far.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Michael Tawn airguns? I just checked and he has over 17,000 all 5 star ratings. Are we not looking at the same vendor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't make my post clear, sorry. What I meant was due to the large amount of counterfeit items on Ebay, make sure you check (any and all) seller's reviews. I did not mean to imply that there was any problem with the seller you mention. Sorry for the confusion. I am not familiar with the seller you mentioned, only that all seller's reviews should be checked when making an online purchase.

edited to add: Your seller is top-rated, and his reviews are excellent. I think you can buy with confidence from him. My original reply was to check reviews for anyone you wish to do business with. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
You the man! Popped right up. For $45 that’s a good price. I was about to drop $60 on the Mtn Tactical base, plus I spent $100 on the Seekins rings.

So for $40 are we really talking about a similarly solid product? Just worried about recoil, but I like the integrated lug. This is going on a T3 receiver, not T3X if that matters. The T3 only has one recoil lug in the receiver, whereas the T3X has one on each end I believe.

i just ordered the T084s off ebay (haven't received yet). Doesnt sound like its a deal breaker but they do come to about $60 with the USD conversion. Looking forward to trying them out.

OP
F
i just ordered the T084s off ebay (haven't received yet). Doesnt sound like its a deal breaker but they do come to about $60 with the USD conversion. Looking forward to trying them out.

Yeah, you’re correct. I ordered a set and it was $45 for the rings plus something like $15 for shipping. I paid just under $60 total.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
FYI don't order them from ebay, order them from the TawnadoAirguns site directly, the prices are initially the same on their site until you put it in your cart and selection US as your shipping country and the VAT tax drops off reducing the price 16ish% which is usually cheaper esp. if getting a few pairs as additional shipping charges are minimal.

Clarktar

WKR
FYI don't order them from ebay, order them from the TawnadoAirguns site directly, the prices are initially the same on their site until you put it in your cart and selection US as your shipping country and the VAT tax drops off reducing the price 16ish% which is usually cheaper esp. if getting a few pairs as additional shipping charges are minimal.
Yep. This is where I got mine!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Eric_F

FNG
Old thread I know, but Airguns of Arizona and Tawnado were out of stock, Pyramid Air doesn't sell them, and Michael Tawn Airguns on eBay won't ship to the US anymore apparently. But I found MM Sporting in the UK had some TO84's in stock and would ship to the US. Ended up being $56 shipped.

SDHNTR

WKR
Why is it only no name retailers and strange air gun places sell these things? Does not instill confidence. Too many shady retailers out there these days. I like to deal with Brownells, Midway, Natchez, etc. I’m not a Tikka guy but was looking around for mounts to help a buddy who has one. Wanted to get onboard with Sportsmatch but didn’t get the warm fuzzies searching around online. Went with a DNZ.

Lawnboi

WKR
Why is it only no name retailers and strange air gun places sell these things? Does not instill confidence. Too many shady retailers out there these days. I like to deal with Brownells, Midway, Natchez, etc. I’m not a Tikka guy but was looking around for mounts to help a buddy who has one. Wanted to get onboard with Sportsmatch but didn’t get the warm fuzzies searching around online. Went with a DNZ.
You might like spuhr, same concept but in a one piece mount. Their 0moa hunting mounts are not too crazy priced. Iv got a thread on here if you search spuhr tikka.

I don’t trust anything that relies only on those tiny screws.

SDHNTR

WKR
You might like spuhr, same concept but in a one piece mount. Their 0moa hunting mounts are not too crazy priced. Iv got a thread on here if you search spuhr tikka.

I don’t trust anything that relies only on those tiny screws.
I haven’t even opened the package yet. I’m somewhat familiar with Spuhr. I know they are top notch. Does DNZ not have recoil pins?

Lawnboi

WKR
I haven’t even opened the package yet. I’m somewhat familiar with Spuhr. I know they are top notch. Does DNZ not have recoil pins?
I don’t know if they do or not. Just bringing up a similar setup to the sportsmatch. The spuhr utilizes the rail on the tikka and has an adjustable recoil pin. Both the hunter and tactical tikka mounts have been good to me and I’ll likely buy more for tikka stuff.

I know mountain tactical has some as well but I’m not sure how much I trust their stuff putting an expensive scope in it.