Where does the Garmin Xero C1 Pro determine arrow speed?

philcox

WKR
For archery, if setup per the instructions, does anyone know where the arrow speed is calculated? Over the top of the Chrono, or further out away from the bow? Seems that this would be a delta of a few feet, and be material in any drop calculations that use arrow speed.

Thanks

Luked

WKR
From my understanding, over the top is where i have had the most consistent readings.

OP
philcox

philcox

WKR
Contacted Garmin, they said in my config, likely 3-4 yards out past the chrono. Was a good piece of info to know.

OP
philcox

philcox

WKR
Can you elaborate? Do you mean you put the Chrono 3-4 yds in front of you and shoot over?
No, with the Chrono just in front of the bow, it picks up the arrow about 3-4 yards out past it.

Pointed me to this:

How Much Room Do I Need to Use the Xero C1 Pro Chronograph?​

The Xero® C1 Pro Chronograph requires approximately 20 yards to track fast moving projectiles, like rifle bullets, accurately. Slower, bigger projectiles (for example 9mm bullets or arrows) require less distance. Arrows can typically be tracked in 3-4 yards, for example an indoor archery range.

No, with the Chrono just in front of the bow, it picks up the arrow about 3-4 yards out past it.

Pointed me to this:

How Much Room Do I Need to Use the Xero C1 Pro Chronograph?​

The Xero® C1 Pro Chronograph requires approximately 20 yards to track fast moving projectiles, like rifle bullets, accurately. Slower, bigger projectiles (for example 9mm bullets or arrows) require less distance. Arrows can typically be tracked in 3-4 yards, for example an indoor archery range.
Thanks that's interesting

entropy

FNG
For those who have used the Garmin, does it only give the arrow speed at first detection? Or does it do the same thing as the Labradar, where it will give you several velocities at different distances, depending on how you set it?

OP
philcox

philcox

WKR
For those who have used the Garmin, does it only give the arrow speed at first detection? Or does it do the same thing as the Labradar, where it will give you several velocities at different distances, depending on how you set it?
One reading has been my experience.

USMC22

WKR
It’ll work inside and close:

I ended up deciding to keep my CED as well because I have it set up on a cw Erickson stand and have the room but both work.

I’ve had and sold the Labradar with the archery trigger. I also sold the magneto speed after being happy with the garmin

Luked

WKR
It gives a reading for the projectile that has been sent though its radar at that time.
You can also change the screen layout to figure your KE also if you enter your arrow weight.