Which 350 Legend for whitetail

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
With Illinois new straight wall cartridge rule I am going to buy a 350 legend. What is everyone’s preference on rifles that are on the market chambered in 350 legend?

If not an ar, then ruger American. Cheap and accurate enough for sub 200 yards.
Henry is supposed to release the 360 buckhammer lever guns mid April. Remington is making ammo. About 200fps over the 350L in factory loads.

As far as a 350 I just have a savage, at the time they were the only one in a lefty. I know a lot of people on here dislike savage, but that thing is a tack driver. I bought it for my son, but I’ve used it on a few doe.

Illinois only allows the ability of a single shot, I am thinking a break open or a bolt action that has a removable mag that I can make to equal a single shot. The Henry looks pretty nice for a break open but the bolt actions options are a little overwhelming when trying to narrow down things.

I have a ruger american ranch and it shoots an inch at 200 yards, 0.58 inch outside to outside at 100. At 250 it was about 1.25 but i was laying upside down in the dirt on a berm. Love the gun and cartridge.

Not exceptional at knocking deer over drt, but the bullets seem to fully penetrate and leave a trail. Ive only shot 2 deer w mine. 1 drt 1 fell over got up ran 75-100 yards painting trees.

Those factory 135s will shoot inside an inch at 100 and provide decent brass. The hornady brass is too soft, winchester brass crimps well for me and i got 158 gr fury reloads up to 2450 fps. Seen that some folks have faster.

If you want to shoot factories, get the winchester 150 gr jobbers. Maybe the winchester 180s if you worry about busting bones.

Great cartridge, lotsa reloading potential too.

I think Cva does a scout in 350l. Might have a new option from ssk for a single shot provided they start shipping this month as promised. Barrels should be available in 350l and 360bh. The 360 will be faster and rimmed so it works better in a single shot.

I think Cva does a scout in 350l. Might have a new option from ssk for a single shot provided they start shipping this month as promised. Barrels should be available in 350l and 360bh. The 360 will be faster and rimmed so it works better in a single shot.
Thanks, I hadnt heard of the 360 til just now. Very kewl. Velocity is same, bigger bullet. Should be a good round for deer, hogs, bear, etc. Gonna have more recoil than Legend but hopefully not too much.

some guys are downsizing the .358 FTX 200 gr and using it in 350 Legend. I was gonna buy the .357 sizer to go w my .356 sizer (from downsizing .357 bullets) to do just that and found a sale on subX 250 gr bullets in .355. Bought some of them instead. May still do the 200 FTX anyway. Always nice to have more options w reloading.

The 260 might bring out some more good bullets for slower velocities. The core lokt isnt gonna be good at 1800 fps i dont guess. The 200 FTX will work at lower velocities.

Maker bullets does a 200g copper for the 35 rem. I believe it opens down to 1400. I have some to try As I have several 35 cal barrels In different cartridges. Love that Iowa is any 35 cal now, not just straight wall.

i have a cva cascade that seems to be good enough, the gun's likely more accurate than the shooter at this point but i have a few boxes to empty to address that.

I have had Winchester XPR, Ruger American, Weatherby Vanguard, and AR15. Accuracy has been sub inch on all guns. The Ruger was the most accurate but didn't like the bolt didnt lock closed with safety and that the magazine hangs down. The Winchester was nice and no complaints. Sold the Ruger and Winchester and bought a Weatherby Vanguard and AR15. The Weatherby is the nicest of them all and will not get rid of it. The AR15 has minimal recoil and will be nice for kids with the adjustable stock. I would get Weatherby or Winchester for a bolt gun. CVA Cascades seem nice as well but I don't have any experience with them.

I went with the Winchester XPR. For the money I really like it. Its no swiss watch quality but it shoots great. I took two deer last at Approx180-190 yards one a large buck. Made a believer out of me. I wanted something somewhat light weight as we sometimes hunt in Wayne National Forest and its hilly and a lot of walking. My Cousin I hunt with in Ohio has one as well and is really happy with it. I must admit I was a bit skeptical at first.

I have a Ruger American compact that I like. It shoots well, though as mentioned above, you have to watch the bolt from creeping. I went with it mainly because it has 16" threaded barrel, and I was planning on running it with a can. Finally got mine approved in a couple weeks ago, and it is a dream to shoot with.

Shot both a Winchester XPR and ruger American compact both in 350 legend. I bought the Winchester after trying them both.

The CVA is the best commercial option in 350. The Ruger magazine sucks & feeds like poo. Winchester is heavy. Howa magazine arrangement sucks too for a carry rifle. A cz 527 would be really ideal but that model is discontinued.

Back