Which Benchmade Knife

VASolocam

FNG
I use the saddle Mountain skinner for most of my heavy duty caping and cutting work but tend to use the outdoor Edge knife for the majority of the work once I’m past the Cape. For what it’s worth the shadow Mountain Skinner also functions really well as a general camp knife. Like all of the bench made stuff the included kydex sheath is pretty well done and I’ve never had a problem with knife retention on the hip belt or getting loose in the pack.

zjkiller

FNG
I have been using the Benchmade Bushcrafter for approx 7 years now and can say that I love this blade. I have never had to do much to the blade besides a few quick touches on the Worksharp field sharpener fine ceramic rod and with he strop. This after field dressing 5 bull elk, 3 bull moose, 2 mountain goats, a couple of mule deer and multiple whitetails. I will say though that this knife is heavy and is not the nicest for a backpack hunt(although I continue to carry mine with me). I am looking at getting something new this week and am torn between the SMS S90V model and the Steep Country, I will likely get whichever is in stock at the time I go to purchase. Key to keeping these things working optimal is to "maintain" the edge as opposed to sharpening it...I usually do 1 touch up with the strop in the middle of a large animal and then use the ceramic rod after it is complete.

spar84

FNG
I’ve used each of them but recommend the steep country for field & the meatcrafter for home.

Go with the textured orange rubber handles for both, harder to lose & good grip when wet or bloody.