Which black diamond storm headlamp?

I read good reviews about the black diamond storm headlamps. But I go to order a couple today and there are so many “storm” models.

which one am I getting ? 350 lumen seems to have the most reviews on it on amazon but is that because it’s the original? Then there is the 375 and 400.
Are they all the same and do the same stuff just some are higher lumens in the storm models?

thanks

gldenhwk

FNG
The storm is a series of models from Black Diamond. The difference in the options in the storm line are primarily the lumen output rather then any key features. Black Diamond and Petzl both tend to come out with "new" models every 6 mo to a year and the only thing that really changes is the lumen output, so getting "last years" model is really not that much of a loss as the "new" one has about 25 lumens more.

For what its worth, I've have both the Petzl and Black Diamonds and I much prefer the Petzls as they are much more user friendly in my opinion, plus you can get the version that has the rechargeable battery pack for just a few $$ more but battery life lasts significantly longer then running AA or AAA batteries.

Fenix also makes some pretty good headlamps that use the CR123A batteries around the $60 mark ( https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-hm50r-multipurpose-led-headlamp/ ). I'm looking to change over to one of these as my range finder (and most I am aware of) use these battery styles so that way I don't have to take multiple different batteries to meet all my needs, that or rechargeable one so I can charge from my power bank/solar panel, plus they last in the cold unlike the AA/AAA batteries.

Jbehredt

WKR
I’ve got 3 originals. Great lamps. The reviews seemed to get mixed when they bumped the output. Short battery life was the main concern.

OP
F
Yeah I ordered an original 350 lumen and 2, 375 lumens. I like to have a few laying around.

all the reviews said make sure you use lithium batteries.

OP
F
The 375 looks like has bad reviews for battery life. I am going to throw some lithium’s in and see what kind of run time I get

Mykonos

FNG
23de5810ffe0bbfb0f7ab84574e2054e.jpg

Today only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forget which BD I have but it makes an annoying humming nose. If I'm walking I don't notice it. Sitting or very quiet it's noticeable.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I like the new ones have 2 buttons you hold to lock and unlock them, my prior single button one would turn itself on in the pack even when locked, it was too easy for gear to hold down the button. I run NiMH rechargables in my headlamps for non-expedition usage, nice to just top them off after every trip and I feel less wasteful.