Which Black Gold Sight? (or other brand)

TX_Diver

WKR
Talked with Rob at S&S earlier this week.

Going from memory here....

The 2020 Ascent Verdicts (and maybe other ascents?) are getting a hole for the dual indicator. It's a $15 upcharge for the indicator but the hole is there on all of them.

As far as I understood that's the only difference between the ascent verdict and the mountain lite (the mountain lite isn't sold without the dual indicator).

I ordered a mountain lite with a 6" dovetail and am replacing an ascent verdict on a 4" x-frame with it. Only reason is I really want 3 pin with the dual indicator vs the 5 pin I have now without it.

Will report back in a few weeks when I get it and how I set it up.

The hope was to do 30, 40, 50 and be able to slide up to 20 with the top pin, and down to 100ish with the bottom pin, but Rob indicated it may not be possible to use the indicator for the top and bottom pin so I may need to figure something out for bottom and middle pin.... TBD.

Sammymusi

WKR
What is the point of having 2 indicators ? I have the spott hogg 2 pin slider.. so my 20 pin is top and the bottom is 34 yrds ..then if I slide it around I can have 2 distances at the same time if that makes sense. I'm really thinking of going with the montana black gold pro with 3 pins but not sure what to do.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 ascent verdicts with 5 pins. First One I setup GYGYG,. I found the yellow hard to see when aiming at fur. I hated red on my spot Hogg sights, but find on the MBG it is very bright. I now have a MBG Pro 3 pin, and I love the adjustment system, and the sight picture with 3 pins is great. I do wish I had waited and got one with the dual pin slider setup.

rhino8888

FNG
I need help. I'm about to order a Mountain Lite from S & S... but there are a lot of customization options. Which changes are worth making to the setup? 2" housing, dove tail, micro gang? I was planning on doing a 3 pin with GRG and the bottom one as a 0.01 - has anyone had trouble with the new 0.010 pins being too small or if it bothers you having one pin smaller than the rest?

Norm555

WKR
I'm very happy with my black gold pro. I have a 4 pin setup with yellow, green, yellow, green with the last one being the 0.010. Pins are set at 20, 30, 40, & 50.

87TT

WKR
Anything over 50 yards should be a .010 IMO. Dovetails is a must have too for better peep adjusting. I like the standard housing and a 3/16 peep but that's just my preference.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Have any of you used the sight setup by S&S archery? After reading the article below, I think I would like the pin setup.

How hard do you think it would be to get your peep to line up perfectly with the scope without a dovetail? I am contemplating going with the mountain lite.

87TT

WKR
The dovetail give more options for adjusting to the peep IMO. I had a MBG Rush without the dovetail and couldn't get it to move out quite far enough to see the sight ring through the peep. Call Rob at S&S and he'll hook you up and can explain

Have any of you used the sight setup by S&S archery? After reading the article below, I think I would like the pin setup.

How hard do you think it would be to get your peep to line up perfectly with the scope without a dovetail? I am contemplating going with the mountain lite.

I recently picked up a 3 pin ascent verdict for my bow. Love the set up, adjustments are easy. The only issue I had was that I ran out of left adjustment and had to move the housing over. It’s my first dovetail sight and I don’t think I’d go back to a fixed style mount. 5/32 peep works just right at my 31 inch draw and the sight almost all the way forward.

widnert

Lil-Rokslider
Nice thing about MBG is their office is in Belgrade - Montana. If I need anything and my local shop can't take care of it, I can just drop in to their office. Very handy although, only ever needed my pins swapped to the .010 size. Wheel on my Ascent was sticking another time and a MBG guy was in the archery shop and was able to recommend proper lube. Makes things handy.

I ordered a mountain lite with a 6" dovetail and am replacing an ascent verdict on a 4" x-frame with it. Only reason is I really want 3 pin with the dual indicator vs the 5 pin I have now without it.
Why are you replacing the x-frame with the dovetail? I’m trying to decide between them.