Which Electronic Caller?

I am new to electronic callers. Only used a friends once or twice. I have access to a new property to hunt in Kansas for coyotes and turkeys. Would like to invest in a good caller for hunting- what brand, model do you recommend?

TheGDog

WKR
I just picked up a new FoxPro X24. (Previously I had a Johnny Stewart GS2). I wanted to make sure it had a Lithium battery pack so I wouldn't have to buy batteries, (that isht gets old fast).

I've really been enjoying the X24! Was out y'day and had takers on two of my sets! (I got busted, but that's on me) And dig this... the second set of the morning? He came in QUICK! Like maybe... 30-45secs?

3rd set, not long after I'd started playing it... a ways off in the distance (maybe... 300-400yds?) I briefly saw a yote making his way towards my direction when he passed by that opening in my FOV which allowed me to see that far off little hill (I was tucked into a hillside filled with Junipers).

2 weeks ago I went to this same area with it, one came in. Without knowing it I'd traffic-jam'd the AR, which screwed me over. But he stayed a LONG time! I had my crosshairs on him at least 3-4 different times after trying various things to see why my trigger was all locked-up. He was there a LONG time, barking back at the caller which had some group yip howls going at the time.

The 30-45 seconds one?... Not sure what happened there. He traversed an opening of like... maybe 8-10ft... then there were two low bushes, I had grabbed and moved over the Trigger-Stick a lil bit. He never came out the other end which was an opening where my MOJO and the Caller were at (Caller shoved in a bush). Best I can figure his hearing must have detected sound from me moving the trigger stick? (it was cold in the morning so had a puffy on under the leafy). That one stumped me because apparently sound from me... or just seeing the MOJO? Made this particular yote leave, and he must have left in such a way as they two bushes he was behind covered him from being seen by me during his retreat.

The X24... OMG do not volume test it indoors! It gets ear-piercingly painfully loud if you're in a room.

With the tweeter on it, it's clarity is crazy good, if you've got a sound file that was recorded well.

I am new to electronic callers. Only used a friends once or twice. I have access to a new property to hunt in Kansas for coyotes and turkeys. Would like to invest in a good caller for hunting- what brand, model do you recommend?
I would try to get a brand that isn’t heavily used in your area. I know Rick is in Kansas and he says everyone in his area uses a Lucky Duck. (Rick is from Lucky Duck)

36Fan

FNG
I would try to get a brand that isn’t heavily used in your area. I know Rick is in Kansas and he says everyone in his area uses a Lucky Duck. (Rick is from Lucky Duck)

I get my equipment from Rick, great guy to do business with. Plenty of great sounds from Rick on the Lucky Duck callers to keep them coming in.

I get my equipment from Rick, great guy to do business with. Plenty of great sounds from Rick on the Lucky Duck callers to keep them coming in.
Unless 5 other guys have blown up that area with the same sounds you have.

TheGDog

WKR
I hadn't heard of Lucky Duck or ICOtec before. Any Customer service issue with any of these brands?
One thing I try to do, with any product I'm considering, where the costs give me pause... is look at how many refurbs do places sell of them. Or how often I see them for resale by private parties.

satchamo

WKR
I have only ever owned foxpro . Currently the fusion is my go to - so I can only speak to what I’m seeing and those LD revolts look cheap as shit. The roughneck is the only one I’d even remotely consider from them. There isn’t anything from foxpro I’d worry about construction on….

pirogue

WKR
So it’s legal in KS to use electronic callers for Turkey hunting? I was surprised this week to find out center rifles were allowed in some states for Turkey.

I hunt all public land and most is high pressured without problems, same sounds.
If I'm understanding your post correctly, you are saying people are using the exact same sounds as you, and you are still calling dogs in the same spots that multiple others hunted? Are they just extremely dumb dogs or are there new dogs moving in all the time?

Or is the LD so good it doesn't matter?

36Fan

FNG
If I'm understanding your post correctly, you are saying people are using the exact same sounds as you, and you are still calling dogs in the same spots that multiple others hunted? Are they just extremely dumb dogs or are there new dogs moving in all the time?

Or is the LD so good it doesn't matter?

I hunt areas that get hammered with hunters and use whats probably the most used sound which is rabbit distress. FoxPro and LD are also probably the most common callers in the states where I hunt, and I have good results.

TheGDog

WKR
Just gotta get creative and do things like pick oddball different times of the day that most other guys aren't willing to commit to doing. Like either literally first-lite or almost last-lite. Of course that only works if you already know they are in there.

TheGDog

WKR
Recently upgraded to a FoxPro X24. It's a delight to use. Upgraded from a POS Johnny Stewart GS2.

Having that tweeter mounted coaxially with the horn, and getting ahold of good recordings. This thing is COOL! Rechargeable LI-Ion. Can go stupid loud. Love the remote. Also it's feet/leg things work well at allowing you to stuff it into a bush onto a branch to play up off the ground so the sound can get out further.

I had one come in under 30-secs of beginning to play! I was in an area with a bit of the knee high flatlands rabbit brush and Junipers all over, so they keep you out of sight if you pay attention to the wind and keep it in mind while you approach your sit spot so you're not letting your scent blow into the Junipers they'll come out of.

Another one I had caused a traffic jam on my AR so couldn't shoot him and he stayed a LONG time staring at it... barking back at it. Moving to a location over looking it and barking at it. I had opportunity to put my reticle on him like 4 separate times in the span of like... maybe 3 full minutes? It was insane how long he hung around!