Which full length resizer die to get?

Vicomb

FNG
I'm just a weekend shooter but I'm anal about improving accuracy and my reloading processes. I have been using Hornady match grade dies for my 300 prc but found a bump on the inside shoulder of the resizing die. Looking to upgrade the full length resizing die. Suggestions?

BrBa

Lil-Rokslider
I use a couple different options:

1) Forster full length sizer, expander ball removed. Mandrels to expand the necks. This way gives more leeway on neck tension as you have multiple options on mandrel diameter.

2) Redding body die with Lee Collet die. The collet die sets necks to a uniform 2 thou neck tension.

Both seem to work well. I'm no benchrest shooter and haven't seen much difference performance wise between the two. If you plan to turn necks, the neck turning mandrel is good for 2 thou neck tension.

mpwolf

FNG
I really like Forster FL dies. The expander ball is just the right shape to slide throught the neck easily, making for smooth sizing. Having said that, I would definitly contact Hornie about the issue with your current die.

TaperPin

WKR
I'm just a weekend shooter but I'm anal about improving accuracy and my reloading processes. I have been using Hornady match grade dies for my 300 prc but found a bump on the inside shoulder of the resizing die. Looking to upgrade the full length resizing die. Suggestions?
The stereotypical upgrade from standard dies is a Redding fl die with bushings. It’s the Lexus upgrade with Lexus price tag, not quite the Benz or Ferrari. Many guys shooting .2s and .3s use them in smaller calibers.

Lawnboi

WKR
I don’t load that specific cartridge, but if you wanna spend money.

First choice would be a SAC die with expander/decapper rod.

Second would be a honed forester followed by a mandrel die.

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
First thing is to send that die back to Hornady.

For the most part, I lean toward Redding FL dies with carbide expander balls. That has been my setup for a long time.

As I move forward, I’ve started to change my setups. I have traditionally bought Redding standard three die sets, with a few RCBS and Forster sets in my inventory, but I’ve begun to shift those setups and any new setups I add. More recently, it’s been the same Redding FL die, Lee collet neck die, and a Forster benchrest seating die (with or without micrometer, depends on price).

Looking to the future, it will likely be body dies for a bit of shoulder setback, the same Lee collet neck die and Forster bench rest seater.

Bushing dies for both FL and neck sizing are nice, but beyond my needs. I am not a benchrest or precision shooter, my rifles are all hunting rifles, I don’t turn necks or weigh brass (most of the time lol) and my rifles precision would unlikely be vastly improved by doing those things, so take all this as a fwiw.

My $.02 and worth what you paid.

But send that die back to Hornady.

Been using rcbs small base dies for my brownings since the 80s. I have had better consistancy in chambering. My Huskies will eat anything.

Mulyhuntr

WKR
No problem with your current dies. Make Hornady fix it. Their customer service is great.