Which Quilt?

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking to get into a quilt setup for my summer backpacking and September elk hunts. My old 15 degree mummy has finally lost too much fill and loft and is now the dogs sleeping bag. I’ve been looking at the Enlightened Equipment Enigma 20 and the Z Packs Solo 20. I’m aware of Katabatic Gear but they are a bit pricey. I’ve got a Western Mountaineering Antelope 5 degree for my late season hunts here in CO, so I don’t need this quilt to cross over to late season. Let’s hear your guys’ quilt experiences.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an EE 20 degree. It is a couple years old so falls into the old rating. If you want light they fit the bill. My next quit will be a Katabatic. FWIW

mlgc20

WKR
I have a Ketabatic Palisade. They are a bit pricey. But, I’ve already had mine for 5+ years. I figured I will have it at long enough to easily justify the extra cost. Between the EE and the Zpacks, I would go with the EE. They have a draft collar and I don’t believe the Zpacks does. Also, the EE (I believe) uses two straps for attaching the quilt to the pad. The Ketabatic definitely has two. I think the Zpacks only has one strap. I think the two straps give you a better fit and more options. Both are high quality gear.

Enlightened Equipment for sure. I have a 10 degree with the 850 downtech fill and it’s awesome. And those guys are killer to work with!

TxxAgg

WKR
I have an Arrowhead Owyhee. It's nice quality and I only used it twice before deciding quilts aren't for me. PM if you wana buy it :)

I’m just south (Durango) of you and you’re more than welcome to check out my EE quilts. I have a down and a synthetic.

turley

Lil-Rokslider
If choosing between the EE Enigma and Zpacks I'd go with the EE as they have, in my opinion, the better designed footbox....plus the EE is more customizable.
The Katabatic quilts though are more refined and revered in the quilt world like WM and FF are in sleeping bags.

tdot

WKR
Nunatak quilts are amazing. Pricey if you start adding custom features, but I would consider them good value. I'd take them anyday over the EE, MLD or other quilts I've tried. I don't think you'd go wrong with the Katabatic, but no personal experience.

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
I dont know if you'd call it a quilt... but dang pal ... ive been LOVING my Kifaru Doobie man blankie ha ha
its solid and its huge gonna run it this fall with the tarp and thermarest chasin elk. worth a look... its incredibly warm and durable

Voyageur

WKR
I'm happy with my Underground Quilt. Some of the others mentioned here were on my short list. Lots of good quilts to choose from.

ErikM

FNG
I have an EE 30 deg Revelation Apex Custom on order. I think the Enigma has a sewn footbox vs zippered/drawstring on Revelation. Obviously can’t comment on performance yet, but, emailing back and forth with Customer Service, they were extremely helpful with questions. Price was right for me and most guys give them good reviews.

OP
Peaks&Creeks

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
I’m just south (Durango) of you and you’re more than welcome to check out my EE quilts. I have a down and a synthetic.

I appreciate the offer to take a look. I may be planning a dirt bike ride over to Durango in couple weeks. I’ll let you know if I end up in town and meet for a beer.

To everyone else I appreciate the good feedback. I will probably go with the Enlightenment Enigma, but also looking heavily at the Loco Libre Ghost Pepper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive got a 30 degree Enigma thats my go to unless its super cold. I'll pack a liner that adds another 10 degrees if it gets to closer to the temp rating at night.

smitty619

FNG
I will probably go with the Enlightenment Enigma, but also looking heavily at the Loco Libre Ghost Pepper.

I’m a hammock guy and I’ve got the LLGP. It’s a 20 deg, with an oz or 2 overstuff. The quality is great and I’ve used it on about dozen short backpacking trips. My only regret is not getting the sewn foot box. Other than that, it’s awesome!

BoTheHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I dont know if you'd call it a quilt... but dang pal ... ive been LOVING my Kifaru Doobie man blankie ha ha
its solid and its huge gonna run it this fall with the tarp and thermarest chasin elk. worth a look... its incredibly warm and durable
How low of temps can you get down to with just the doobie and a pad?