Which Strap-On?

Loper

WKR
What kind of strap-on cheek weld accessory are you all using on your rifles? I currently have the generic elastic one with shell holder loops that slides over the butt. I have thought about wedging some foam under it, but I think it will be difficult to do or keep in place.

Do you have any recommendations on something that I can attach via straps or velcro that can raise my cheek when looking through the scope? I’m not looking for a plastic piece that requires drilling through the stock. Thanks!

OP
L

Loper

WKR
Love my triad tactical stock pack though my sample size is small. It’s The only one I’ve ever used.

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll look into that one.

Which Strap-On?​

Gzus, with a title like that I suspect the jokesters will be over this :ROFLMAO:

Haha….Sometimes you have to get people’s attention with an interesting title.

Ram94

WKR
Bradley cheek rest worked great for me on a CA Ridgeline.

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider

PIG Rifle Stock Pack​

I use this one I like that it keeps ammo on the rifle and enclosed. Used on browning xbolt hells canyon speed

Drenalin

WKR
I had one of the neoprene sleeve deals that you slip on over different thickness foam pads to get the right height. The neoprene was a son of a gun to get on, and I didn't like the feel of it. I cut the neoprene off and wrapped the stock and foam pads with the McNett fabric tape. I have no need for storage on the stock, so this works really well for me.

BBob

WKR
I've used several of the Triad packs. Very nice piece, US made, great company.
I was so distracted by the title I forgot to comment on what I've used in the past. I have a couple Triad Tactical as well. I have the ones with the zipper pouch and internal ammo carrier. The Velcro inserts for height adjustment worked well.

Not strap on but some one hear recommended a sam splint at some point and that works like champ. Bend it to match contour of your stock then foam or padding to raise it to whatever height you want and then tape it up. The sam split has some padding and it will match your existing stock contour. I've done the grizzly or beartooth neoprene using their foam. Their stuff standalone adds left / right offset...this approach gets rid of that. the things we think of to get the perfect scope alignment.....

OldGrayJB

WKR
Cheeky Bastard by Armageddon Gear. $40 for the strap on style. $30 for the ultralight adhesive velcro style. And made in USA.

OP
L

Loper

WKR
Bradley cheek rest worked great for me on a CA Ridgeline.

Wow....these aren't cheap. Not that I'm looking for the most inexpensive option, but at $120+ you had better really like it.

PIG Rifle Stock Pack​

I use this one I like that it keeps ammo on the rifle and enclosed. Used on browning xbolt hells canyon speed

I like this. Seems pretty simple and straight forward. I also like that it comes in a left handed version.

I had one of the neoprene sleeve deals that you slip on over different thickness foam pads to get the right height. The neoprene was a son of a gun to get on, and I didn't like the feel of it. I cut the neoprene off and wrapped the stock and foam pads with the McNett fabric tape. I have no need for storage on the stock, so this works really well for me.

How long have you had this on your rifle? Has the fabric tape ripped or given you any trouble keeping the foam on? Do you have a pcture of this? I'd love to see what it looks like?

I was so distracted by the title I forgot to comment on what I've used in the past. I have a couple Triad Tactical as well. I have the ones with the zipper pouch and internal ammo carrier. The Velcro inserts for height adjustment worked well.

These Triad ones look pretty solid. I like that they have various options like colors, with or without loops for cartridges, with or without a pouch.

Not strap on but some one hear recommended a sam splint at some point and that works like champ. Bend it to match contour of your stock then foam or padding to raise it to whatever height you want and then tape it up. The sam split has some padding and it will match your existing stock contour. I've done the grizzly or beartooth neoprene using their foam. Their stuff standalone adds left / right offset...this approach gets rid of that. the things we think of to get the perfect scope alignment.....

I had to look up what a Sam Splint was. I recognized it immediately as my firefighter neighbor busted this out when my son hurt his leg. This method sounds similar to what @Drenalin did. Do you hve a picture of this?

Cheeky Bastard by Armageddon Gear. $40 for the strap on style. $30 for the ultralight adhesive velcro style. And made in USA.

This maybe the simplest of all the options to purchase. I just wish it didn't say Armegeddon Gear all over the side of it.

Thanks for all the suggestions! This is a huge help.

4ester

WKR
Pig Stock Pack is the best I’ve used.

The Tac-Ops unit is very nice, but I prefer enclosed for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drenalin

WKR
@Loper Pics below. Nothing fancy, been on there a little under a year and didn’t have any issues in about 15 days of hunting with it on last season. That $15 roll of tape is probably enough to do this a dozen times, so I’m not terribly concerned about longevity.

779E3A08-D283-4D9D-983A-4E5055B267AD.jpegE311E852-1826-48D4-88F8-DF6B18797789.jpeg

OP
L

Loper

WKR
@Loper Pics below. Nothing fancy, been on there a little under a year and didn’t have any issues in about 15 days of hunting with it on last season. That $15 roll of tape is probably enough to do this a dozen times, so I’m not terribly concerned about longevity.

View attachment 307362View attachment 307363

Thanks. This helps as I was having trouble visualizing what it would look like.

Baron85

WKR
I have a triad and the Bradley. I prefer the triad since it is easier to get on and off, it feels nicer on my face especially when cold, and there are no screws to come loose and the triad has some squish so if your at an odd angle or shooting position you can can still get a good sight picture.