Which to choose? 15x binos or spotter?

Fritz D

FNG
I was at my local Sportsman’s this morning looking at the Swarovski 15x56 bino? Weight was about what I expected but the physical size wasn’t an awful lot bigger than my 10x50 ELs?
Hmmmm...

Then I made the mistake of picking up an ATC spotter and I was in love. Guess I better start saving my pennies for both?

Fatcamp

WKR
I have a 65mm 1st Gen Razor that's pretty good. From what I understand there is a lot of variance between samples. Mines not bad.

Kowa is better in all ways, and allow me to judge deer out there a bit. And it's just fun to clearly see them doing their thing, something I can't do with my 10x. I switch back and forth pretty quickly.

I hunt some big, barren landscapes. Often times deer only show themselves for a very short time.

20231111_130313.jpg

Deadfall

WKR
Yeah. I thought it might be decent. Seems like only the alpha spotters are good.
I thought that once too. First year was eh ok I guess. Surficed anyway. Second year I beat that summmabit$% off a tree until it was in pieces.
Had a pair of 15x binos once. Chucked them #$%^&,%'szvbhkkn things off a very high cliff.

Could've bought 3 swarovski spotters and some for friends for what I've put into everything else.
Far as I'm concerned it's swarovski or nothing.

I was at my local Sportsman’s this morning looking at the Swarovski 15x56 bino? Weight was about what I expected but the physical size wasn’t an awful lot bigger than my 10x50 ELs?
Hmmmm...

Then I made the mistake of picking up an ATC spotter and I was in love. Guess I better start saving my pennies for both?
I have 10x50 ELs and a ATC. I think it’s the perfect combo, at least for me in the Idaho mountains….I’m also not sure why the 10x50 ELs aren’t more popular. Seems like everyone has 10x42s

Fritz D

FNG
I have 10x50 ELs and a ATC. I think it’s the perfect combo, at least for me in the Idaho mountains….I’m also not sure why the 10x50 ELs aren’t more popular. Seems like everyone has 10x42s
Oh, I’m very happy with my 10x50 ELs. I’m no expert by any means but they seem to me to be perfect ‘go to’ option in mountainous country?
That said, I do find myself wishing for a bit more magnification at times which is when I find myself pondering the 15x56?
I don’t even own a spotter at the moment so that ATC looks extremely appealing.

TrackerG

FNG
I have both, and basically just pack the spotter around for no reason. I never use it. I think it would only come into play when you’re really judging every inch. For me, I can determine a mature deer, elk, ect with the 15s at basically any distance.

Fatcamp

WKR
I have both, and basically just pack the spotter around for no reason. I never use it. I think it would only come into play when you’re really judging every inch. For me, I can determine a mature deer, elk, ect with the 15s at basically any distance.

Then you have waaay better eyes than me, and honestly, that doesn't take much.