While we wait…CO draw dreams

Everyone I know, including myself that are using a good amount of points are doing so because of these late season dates. Those are going to have a huge impact on the mule deer, especially mature bucks. The CPW is the biggest predator when it comes to the decline of the deer herds in Colorado. Just when you think the CPW can’t screw up any worse, they yell “hold my beer and watch this”
I'm not saying that the late season dates are not the culprit for failure to draw a deer tag. Watch out for all the elk point holders cashing in the next 5 years. I put a first choice hunt code for elk this year with the intention of hunting. I had 13pp going in. See what happens tomorrow.

jedi

FNG
100% draw odds on GoHUNT, didn’t draw. Sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ive had too many buddie say the same going in to draws. Gohunt says 100%....hard to know what people will put in for to skew the odds every year

UCFJed

FNG
ive had too many buddie say the same going in to draws. Gohunt says 100%....hard to know what people will put in for to skew the odds every year

Yeah and I knew it was a risk, pretty limited number of NR tags so I guess it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southLA

WKR
Picked up a 2nd choice elk tag. Kind of Disappointed I won’t be chasing Muleys though

I was fortunate enough to draw 2 second choice CO tags for unit 7 (which includes 8). They are 4th rifle for deer, and 3rd rifle for elk. I’ve never hunted late season, or that area of CO…. so the learning curve will likely be steep! Can’t wait.

I was fortunate enough to draw 2 second choice CO tags for unit 7 (which includes 8). They are 4th rifle for deer, and 3rd rifle for elk. I’ve never hunted late season, or that area of CO…. so the learning curve will likely be steep! Can’t wait.
Literally STEEP. 7 has some tough country in it. Hopefully weather pushes them down a little.

I drew a 2nd second season buck tag as my first choice, but I didn't draw my second preference which was a list B whitetail doe tag that had leftovers last year. Aside from there being more applicants or a tag quota change, does anybody know what I did wrong on the application or why I wouldn't have drawn that list B tag?

I drew a 2nd second season buck tag as my first choice, but I didn't draw my second preference which was a list B whitetail doe tag that had leftovers last year. Aside from there being more applicants or a tag quota change, does anybody know what I did wrong on the application or why I wouldn't have drawn that list B tag?
Only can draw one tag in the draw.

My understanding is, you drew the first choice tag, you’re done. You can try for a leftover tag for the B tag but not in the draw.

sambo3006

FNG
I drew my third season deer tag. I’ll be out there 3 days early to scout. The moon phase isn’t ideal for the hunt but will get better as it progresses. I’m hoping a big boy comes out of hiding to chase does later in the hunt.

rokclmb

FNG
Third year in a row with no draw luck. Chosen unit used to require 1pp for NR with a chance to draw w/ zero. Hope the quality is still there once I do finally draw. OTC elk is now on the menu. I'm certain I'll see a giant velvet buck standing broadside at 40y flippin me the bird!