CO High Country Muley Scenario

pumaa7

FNG
New to mule deer hunting, I shot my first one last year during CO 4th rifle. This year I finally decided to add an either sex mule deer archery tag for the same unit I elk hunt since I always bump into some decent bucks while elk hunting. My primary goal is elk, but I have plenty of time off ready to go for this september so hoping to tag a buck and bull with my bow. I have a couple basins I focus my hunting in that are up high 10.5-12k elevation. I always bump some deer while moving around the woods with my bow to position myself on the elk. I have also noticed over the last couple seasons hunting that the bucks like bedding near the top of the bowl, where it transitions from soil to jagged, chossy cliffs that form the ridgeline of the mountain. I am a rock climber but it seems too sketchy to approach them from above since the rock quality is very poor, loose and crumbly. I doubt a great shot would present itself from up there either. What would you do in this scenario?

A.) Attempt to stalk in from sideways/below. Cant get to close to the cliffs are there will likely be some scree at the base of the cliffs.
B.) Be patient, watch the deer if you can while glassing for elk over the course of the week. Take your time and try to figure out an ambush as the deer leaves its bed.
C.) Screw mule deer, just be sneaky while hunting elk and shoot one if /when an opportunity presents itself
D.) ????

CObywayofUSAF

Lil-Rokslider
I'd go with C. I'm assuming if you got the tag in a year it's not hard to get/draw. I always end up bumping into decent deer without trying when moving on elk, but my unit takes a a couple points to add the buck tag.