Whitey tighties can save your life....

180ls1

WKR
TLDR: Duck hunter goes missing, they cant find him despite passing him several times (hard to see full camo). He realizes this and starts waving the whiteys, only then do they see him.

This is a good lesson for us to have something easily visible. I always carry a mylar blanket for that reason. Besides it also being reflective and more visible it doubles nicley for laying down boned out meat besides obviously using it for warmth.

Moserkr

WKR
Lol how could you not click on a thread with that title.

My FIL flys helicopters for CHP and is often involved in mountain rescues in the high sierras. He told me that the easiest thing for him to see from the air is a minimum 3’x3’ fluorescent orange square, especially in the open. But I will remember to salute my shorts if necessary.

OP
180ls1

180ls1

WKR
Lol how could you not click on a thread with that title.

My FIL flys helicopters for CHP and is often involved in mountain rescues in the high sierras. He told me that the easiest thing for him to see from the air is a minimum 3’x3’ fluorescent orange square, especially in the open. But I will remember to salute my shorts if necessary.
Thats good to know! Even easier then mylar?

Moserkr

WKR
Without asking I couldnt tell you if its better than mylar. But theres a reason we wear bright orange while hunting and not shiny silver…?

OP
180ls1

180ls1

WKR
Without asking I couldnt tell you if its better than mylar. But theres a reason we wear bright orange while hunting and not shiny silver…?
Because animals are color blind but not blind to a bright reflection?

Moserkr

WKR
That too. But now Im wondering, if deer freeze in car headlights, could a mylar suit cause them to freeze too? Would be like us seeing aliens.