Who here can actually sew and knows fabrics/materials?

16Bore

WKR
I've got this binocular project I've been monkeying with for a few years. Need someone who has and can use an industrial/heavy duty type sewing machine, knows materials, and can put the damn thing together for me. My prototype is an embarrassment at best, but works like a mofo. For me anyway.

Anyway, if some of your tinkerers want a project.....

Never know, could go full production and make billions. Or one.

Willow

FNG
Why do you think you need an industrial machine? Can you post some pictures? I'm not sure what you're trying to do but any good sewing machine should do unless you're trying to sew multiple layers of webbing or thick leather together.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got this binocular project I've been monkeying with for a few years. Need someone who has and can use an industrial/heavy duty type sewing machine, knows materials, and can put the damn thing together for me. My prototype is an embarrassment at best, but works like a mofo. For me anyway.

Anyway, if some of your tinkerers want a project.....

Never know, could go full production and make billions. Or one.
Is it similar to an X bra

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
16Bore

16Bore

WKR
Not necessarily an industrial machine, so yeah, I don't know much about it. Pics coming.

• Banned
OP
16Bore

16Bore

WKR

So you can see it's a pretty basic deal and my sewing skills suck. Basically a cover that stays on the binos when you use them. I use 3mm cord knotted on both ends and feed through the attachment points on the binos, through the cover, and attached to the harness. Keeps the cover with the binos, super light and not bulky. Tapers slightly from the eye piece forward.

Some gal at the fabric shop gave me the idea to use diaper cover material and it just so happened they had camo. It's sort of stretchy and waterproof to keep baby pee off the couch.

Anyway, I figure someone with skilz could put together a much better version. Hell, slap a Rokslide logo on it and everyone will want one.

Course I get a royalty.....

• Banned
OP
16Bore

16Bore

WKR
Next mod is the stupid clips on the harness. Hate 'em

Willow

FNG
OK. So you're just making a slip cover. You've got the basics. You just need to stick with a straight stitch and adjust your thread tension. Your bobbin thread tension is too loose. That's why you can see the thread loop on top. Also, don't worry about making a fold at the corners. Just let your bungee cord do all the work. That little bit of extra material won't matter.

Willow

FNG
If you find the material frays too much at your loop holes you can make a button hole or just singe it with a lighter like I do.

• Banned
OP
16Bore

16Bore

WKR
Kinda wanted it squared off to look a little more form fitting. But that's the only one I've got the patience to make. Ex has the sewing machine and I ain't getting another.

OP
16Bore

16Bore

WKR
So what would you charge to make one? 10? 50?. Got a coupla things that need made actually...