Need Some Sewing Help

Hootsma

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a pretty straight forward sewing project, but I do not have the skills or access to a machine. So, I'm looking for someone who has a machine, is skilled at using it and is willing to take on this project for me. I'll pay you whatever you think is fair for your time, expertise and materials. The project requires the ability to bar tack 1" webbing onto a doubled layer of 500d cordura.

I have an Exo Beaver Tail Cargo Panel. However, unlike the Kifaru model, it does not have any pals webbing on it, so it gets difficult to strap down if there is little or no load in the panel and impossible to attach additional pouches to it. I'd like to add 10 horizontal courses of pals webbing at +/-10" long each and 2 vertical courses of pals webbing at +/-24" long each for a total of +/-148" of pals webbing.

I'll supply the Beaver Tail Cargo Panel, 18' + 3.5' of 1" webbing, diagram locating all the pals webbing, postage paid return shipping envelope and money to compensate your for your efforts.

You supply the machine, heavy duty thread, time and expertise.

Let me know if you're interested by responding to this thread or private messaging me.

Cheers,

Robert Merrell

OP
H

Hootsma

Lil-Rokslider
Color? What kind of turn around do you need?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Both the Beaver Tail and 1" webbing are coyote brown. This is for an elk hunt in mid October so I have a good 6 - 8 weeks before I absolutely have to have it, so that I have time to get my pack dialed in.

I appreciate your quick response, however Squirrel has already pm'd me. We are planning on talking about it some more tonight. So, tentatively I think I've got it worked out. If he is unable to do what I need, I'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks, I appreciate your consideration.

Cheers,
Robert Merrell

OP
H

Hootsma

Lil-Rokslider
I wanted to give a big shout out and a huge thank you to Squirrel for his help on my sewing project. He did an excellent job sewing up my custom Exo Beaver Tail. I'm very happy with how it turned out and can't wait to use it in the San Juans chasing elk this October.

I also need to thank Pods8 because I ran some questions regarding bar tacking by him to get his insight and he was very informative and quite helpful as well.

Both of them made great suggestions that I hadn't thought of that were incorporated into the custom work which made it better than I had originally designed.

Below are before and after pictures:

Stock Beaver Tail.jpg

Custom Beaver Tail.jpg

Here's my Frankenpack with the Beaver Tail holding down a Paradox 4800 bag on my Kifaru Hunter Light frame:

IMG_0787.jpg

This is the full Frankenpack kit - Kifaru frame, Paradox bag, custom Exo Beaver Tail, Kifaru Long Pocket and Kifaru Lid (Xpac Guide Lid is on Order):

IMG_0786.jpg

And finally day pack mode - Kifaru frame, Beaver Tail flush against the frame, Kifaru lid and Kifaru Long Pocket:

IMG_0788.jpg