Who hunts alone?

Marble

WKR
My success rates are much higher alone. Nothing to distract me from the joys of the hunt, less noise, scent, and movement.

One of the things that annoys me in the YouTube videos is guys have this long discussion about what they should do. Always turning around communicating with their partner or getting in a circle and chatting out loud. It's just more noise and movement. I get it. Some people just want to discuss and get input. Not me.

I trust my own instincts when it comes to hunting.

Knowing animal behavior is why 5% of the guys kill 90% of the animals.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
Lots of time alone, but the wife is a blood thirsty bastard so I don’t go alone much anymore…

Even being pregnant wouldn’t stop her!

Attachments

• IMG_5451.jpeg
    IMG_5451.jpeg
    501 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4913.jpeg
    IMG_4913.jpeg
    718.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1301.jpeg
    IMG_1301.jpeg
    673.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1945.jpeg
    IMG_1945.jpeg
    613.6 KB · Views: 38

Kirby86

FNG
Always alone. Can’t have folks knowing where I hunt

Then again, I was dumb enough to watch Missing 411, so I’m hoping I don’t get carted off by a Samsquanch.

For all the time I spend alone in the woods, I would really think I should’ve seen Sasquatch by now. Then again I pray when I walk in the woods in the dark and sing hymns under my breath when I get the heebie jeebies.

God didn’t give us a Spirit of Fear, but one of power, love and a sound mind!

Don’t let being solo keep you at home, but know your limits. An Inreach is pretty much a must have if solo though.

7mm-08

WKR
I finished a brutal hike up to a new spot i was scouting that didn't produce so I got back to the truck and kept driving down a very narrow 2 track road that had a steep drop off canyon to one side. And this was early summer when there is still snow melt up high and the road was slick. I lost traction so I tried to back up but that made it worse and I started to slide down into the canyon. Threw it into 4wd put it in drive and turned the wheel towards the road and thats when I started rolling. I flipped over 8 times and went down the canyon 210 feet. I had no seat belt on and ended up in the back seat upside down. I was just waiting to lose consciousness and never wake up but by some miracle the only stand of trees on the hillside caught my truck and I came to a stop.

These pictures are from the highway patrol officer and the tow yard
Crap! That could have been fatal, for sure. Glad you lived to tell the tale.

Reactions: WKR
So all of my family lives in Utah except for me. I’m curious how many of you hunt alone versus hunt in a group. I feel like I’m going to end up having to hunt alone at times if I want to hunt, but it makes me a little nervous for safety reasons.
I hunt alone all the time sometimes it's tough during the pack out but that's just part of the game.

FatCampzWife

Lil-Rokslider
Due to scheduling conflicts, I got to hunt my fall rifle antelope tag alone (with my dog). Was in a fairly familiar area, but still in the middle of nowhere.

I filled my tag, harvested, & packed out on my own (with dog).

BBob

WKR
do you pack animals out alone?
Yes. Its a reward in itself. If a buddy is along or near, help is welcomed but so many killed and packed alone.

Oh and the majority of my hunts over the years have been solo. Lots have been with a select few friends but I’ll go solo any day.

Last edited:

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Packed many, many pronghorns and mulies solo. Pronghorns, no problem, single trip every animal as there is rarely more than about 40 lbs of meat. A big muley buck, that's a 2 tripper as I'm not a very big guy.

Gen273

WKR
I hunt and scout alone probably 75% of the time, its really nice to make decisions on the fly and not have to conferr with anyone. Its not so nice when you get a heavy animal down and have to pack it out alone.

As far as safety... A pistol and an inreach is all you need. I've never been worried about my own personal safety when going out alone but im pretty sure of myself, maybe to a fault. I had a near death experience last year on a scouting trip that ill never forget.
Do you mind telling more about your near-death experience?

TheHammer

WKR
Is this question referring to physically or mentally? Bahahah me myself n I go everywhere, they are the 3best friends anyone can have. Typically I hunt alone. I like taking pictures of wildlife to share with my woman and kids. Certain individuals archery elk hunt with me. But even that is only shared packing and camping.