Who is Hoffman Boots......let me tell you?

Seconding this - if Hoffman sold a minimalist style boot (low to no arch support, low to no drop, wide toe box, allows ankle flexibility) I would purchase a pair in a heartbeat.

Something along these lines but if materials better suited to the PNW: https://www.bellevilleboot.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=151

Thanks for considering
If these were created they would be the only boot I buy!! Tried talking to another boot company about this and got shut down 😢. Just give the consumer what they want.

223Hero

FNG
I just received my 8” Explorer and love them so far, I'm thinking about ordering the insulated model, should I order the same size?

Savage99

WKR
I just received my 8” Explorer and love them so far, I'm thinking about ordering the insulated model, should I order the same size?

I have the same size in both uninsulated and the 400’s. I’m a 12.5 in my running shoes and a 13 in these. I like a lil extra toe room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

223Hero

FNG
I have the same size in both uninsulated and the 400’s. I’m a 12.5 in my running shoes and a 13 in these. I like a lil extra toe room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What’s the comfort temp range on the 400’s vs the uninsulated?

Savage99

WKR
What’s the comfort temp range on the 400’s vs the uninsulated?

I haven’t had either out in mild temps.

The uninsulated I’ve worn in August and early September. They were fine with no cold temps and I didn’t feel overheated.

The 400’s I’ve worn in snowy cold 38-40 and down to low teens. Feet were cold sitting glassing and standing on snow. Fine moving around. Thinking about trying pacs or committing to lugging my boot blankets for sits. And contrast this with my partner who had on uninsulated Kenetreks with a mid weight sock and he wasn’t all that cold.

I just love the fit after trying just about all the major brands, these are the only boots that fit my heel right.

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you with experience with the pac boots, here's my question. I live in Minnesota so it gets dam cold, do a lot of coyote hunting with dogs and walking. I'm thinking the insulated guide pacs? The mountaineers I'm thinking would be to warm?? But also want to stay warm while standing. Appreciate any advice! Thanks

norcalkh

FNG
For those of you with experience with the pac boots, here's my question. I live in Minnesota so it gets dam cold, do a lot of coyote hunting with dogs and walking. I'm thinking the insulated guide pacs? The mountaineers I'm thinking would be to warm?? But also want to stay warm while standing. Appreciate any advice! Thanks
I have a pair of calked guides that I wear for work. I get cold feet easily from sweat and the guides are perfect for me below freezing. I hunted with them on a -17 day last year and it wasn't comfortable but I could sit long enough for a coyote set.

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of calked guides that I wear for work. I get cold feet easily from sweat and the guides are perfect for me below freezing. I hunted with them on a -17 day last year and it wasn't comfortable but I could sit long enough for a coyote set.
Thanks! Ok I'm thinking those would work for me. Usually do enough walking to keep warm, but it gets really chilly here, hopefully there warm enough

Pdzoller

WKR
I’ve owned many pairs of Hoffman boots and many of their competitors. Uses include Utility arborist work, climbing trees with/without hooks, logging, long distance backpacking and fire work. Used them in temperatures ranging from -20 to 120, ice and snowstorms, down pouring rain lasting days on end and even smoldering ground too hot to touch after forest fires.

Due to my job I’ve had my feet in the same pair of boots for sometimes up to a week.

Their boots are second to none.

ColoradoV

WKR
I have had a set if schnee for 15+ years and have had the bottoms redone once in there. Decided on a set of Hoffmans after trying them on at the expo. Breaking them in this winter.

They are the mountaineers and I put remind insoles in them and they have been working well for pac boot type stuff. Not a mountaineering boot still a pac but I have been happy w them. Hikes of 4-5 miles w a real 2000ft of elevation gain type of hikes.

They are my go to pac boots now..

IMG_8313.jpeg

JR Greenhorn

Lil-Rokslider
I have the heel lock pack boots, the lace protector constantly slips down and looks strange. It make me not want to use these boots.
How do you have them laced?

Start with the lace looped through the protector (a.k.a. kiltie tassel), with the loop in front, ends behind. Lay the protector into the boot, between the bottom eyelets. Pull each end through the first eyelet on the boot. Go in from behind, and come out the top side of the eyelets.

Next, the critical part: pull the lace ends under the loop you made in the protector, in from the bottom side of the loop, out the top. Cross the laces under the loop, then pull them through the next pair of eyelets. Then continue lacing normally, over the top of the protector.

This should lock the protector into place when you tighten the laces, and it should stay put without slipping down.

Attachments

• PXL_20231202_171536605.jpg
    PXL_20231202_171536605.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 24

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
How do you have them laced?

Start with the lace looped through the protector (a.k.a. kiltie tassel), with the loop in front, ends behind. Lay the protector into the boot, between the bottom eyelets. Pull each end through the first eyelet on the boot. Go in from behind, and come out the top side of the eyelets.

Next, the critical part: pull the lace ends under the loop you made in the protector, in from the bottom side of the loop, out the top. Cross the laces under the loop, then pull them through the next pair of eyelets. Then continue lacing normally, over the top of the protector.

This should lock the protector into place when you tighten the laces, and it should stay put without slipping down.
Oh right on. I’ll do that. Thank you!!

D

DanM

Nice looking boots. Tough choices to make. Curious as to a comparison between these and the Kenetrek line? Also, wanting to know about ease of exchanges for size concerns?

Rackmastr

WKR
Have been contemplating a pair of Hoffmans for a bit now. For years (since 2010) I've worn the Meindl "Winter 800" boot made for Cabelas Canada. It was an 800gr boot that was more of a mountain boot. I used it for several mountain hunts and has also worked great for prairie mule deer or anything in November essentially up here in Canada.

Friend has a pair of the 10" 800gr Hoffman mountain hunting boots, and I've been tossing around the idea of replacing my Meindls with these, or possibly with a Pac boot. How much terrain and hiking are guys doing in their Pac boots? I dont do a ton of late season sheep/goat so was considering a Pac boot that could handle enough hiking and terrain. That being said, it might end up being that the 10" 800gr mountain boot is still the best solution for my needs.

norcalkh

FNG
Have been contemplating a pair of Hoffmans for a bit now. For years (since 2010) I've worn the Meindl "Winter 800" boot made for Cabelas Canada. It was an 800gr boot that was more of a mountain boot. I used it for several mountain hunts and has also worked great for prairie mule deer or anything in November essentially up here in Canada.

Friend has a pair of the 10" 800gr Hoffman mountain hunting boots, and I've been tossing around the idea of replacing my Meindls with these, or possibly with a Pac boot. How much terrain and hiking are guys doing in their Pac boots? I dont do a ton of late season sheep/goat so was considering a Pac boot that could handle enough hiking and terrain. That being said, it might end up being that the 10" 800gr mountain boot is still the best solution for my needs.
I've done quite a bit of hiking in my packs and I wouldn't recommend them for steep terrain. Because of the liners and the lacing system my feet shift around a bit. I don't have the footing confidence I get with a mountain style boot. That said I think I'll always have a pair.

Rackmastr

WKR
I've done quite a bit of hiking in my packs and I wouldn't recommend them for steep terrain. Because of the liners and the lacing system my feet shift around a bit. I don't have the footing confidence I get with a mountain style boot. That said I think I'll always have a pair.

Ya you bet, def wouldnt be used for sheep trips. Ideally I probably need two pairs (one sheep/mountain boot and then a Pac). Was more concerned about late season elk/mulie hunting or cat hunting with some longer hikes in mixed terrain. I've never owned Pacs but kinda considering trying a pair before buying a pair of the mountain boots for late season. I just didnt know how they handled longer hikes on hillsides, etc

As a forester in northern CA, I use our logging calks on a daily basis. Love them. Beat the hell out of them! Next pair will be the armor's in 8". As a forester, I don't need the full 10" heights. Found you guys years ago at a logging show in Ukiah. Spend a significant amount of time in these boots. Nothing is ever going to be waterproof in the redwoods, but these come close. Started wearing gators a few years ago and that really helped! Thanks for making a great product.