Who is using the GoPro Max?

jarrettd

FNG
I'm debating getting into doing a little filming. I mainly saddle hunt whitetail and I'm thinking a 360 deg camera would be a great option being as it captures all angles! I also need a camera to take on a western Elk hunt this year. I' picturing something strapped to my backpack strap for hiking/stalking/ground hunting. I would also like it to easy detach, aim, pivot. I'm very much a novice, and I don't need stunning quality. What do y'all recommend for a beginner video camera?

Im drawn by the numerous gopro attachments, as well as the ease of editing.

First off. It's a great camera! The editing will take some time to figure out. It's a process. You can edit it frame by frame or do wild transition work with it. The resolution is compromised in very bright light and low light.
It has it's limitations. I could go on, but if you're a decent editor and really enjoy nerding out with tech get it. If you just want easier to edit wide angles then get a regular go pro or DSLR/mirrorless.

I did this edit the other day with my bow.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbQ6RpKpacO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

OP
J

jarrettd

FNG
First off. It's a great camera! The editing will take some time to figure out. It's a process. You can edit it frame by frame or do wild transition work with it. The resolution is compromised in very bright light and low light.
It has it's limitations. I could go on, but if you're a decent editor and really enjoy nerding out with tech get it. If you just want easier to edit wide angles then get a regular go pro or DSLR/mirrorless.

I did this edit the other day with my bow.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbQ6RpKpacO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Thanks so much for sharing. That video was really cool. Not sure if i need a camera to do all the trippy spins and stuff. My priority is going to be ease of editing at this stage in the game. I'm told a Go pro isn't going to capture (very well) critters if they are out past 40 yards. Can you confirm?

holzphoto

FNG
I owned it when it originally came out. It was pretty cool, but the editing was a huge chore. I sent it back and bought the 9. Much better video quality and can pull high quality stills from video.

I would suggest at looking at the 9 or 10. Or maybe the insta360. I have not used the insta, but have friends that have and say it's a breeze to use.