Who makes a true featherweight barrel?

Been looking for my next barrel for a Savage rifle and realized it's hard to find even the Savage factory sporter contour, much less a true featherweight barrel. I'm wondering who offers them?

If you look up the specs on most company's featherweight barrels, they are roughly the same as the Savage or Rem sporter. Shaw barrels say they match the Savage factory contour, but they do not. I ordered a McGowan and an X-Caliber "featherweight" and both were still as heavy or heavier than the standard Savage sporter.

I'm not looking for a Savage LW Hunter/Storm pencil profile, but something at least as light or lighter than the Savage sporter is what I'm after.

Thanks for any advice.

Unckebob

WKR
Been looking for my next barrel for a Savage rifle and realized it's hard to find even the Savage factory sporter contour, much less a true featherweight barrel. I'm wondering who offers them?

If you look up the specs on most company's featherweight barrels, they are roughly the same as the Savage or Rem sporter. Shaw barrels say they match the Savage factory contour, but they do not. I ordered a McGowan and an X-Caliber "featherweight" and both were still as heavy or heavier than the standard Savage sporter.

I'm not looking for a Savage LW Hunter/Storm pencil profile, but something at least as light or lighter than the Savage sporter is what I'm after.

Thanks for any advice.
Call Northland Shooter Supply. They can special order pretty much anything you want.

He ordered a Criterion 20", threaded, cerakoted 270 barrel for me with a contour so that the end of the barrel fits nicely with a standard thread protector. About the only limitation was barrel twist rate due to the availability of barrel blanks.

Lilja makes some tiny barrels.

One of the only makers I’ve found that will cut a tikka profile on a stainless blank.

I don’t know anything about savage models but there are some listed that are teeny (.55”) finish?!

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
Lilja makes some tiny barrels.

One of the only makers I’ve found that will cut a tikka profile on a stainless blank.

I don’t know anything about savage models but there are some listed that are teeny (.55”) finish?!
Savage factory 22" sporters are something like .565 or at most .580. I think Remington 24" sporters are .560. I hate it when a barrel mfg. says they are making a lightweight barrel and it's .600 at the muzzle.